The RetroPi

I will give the prototype a test run if you send it to me. :p

Have you played with it at all yet?  It looks more...complete than I thought it would.  Really nice!

Looks nice, but I wonder if some USB ports aren't a bit difficult to reach.

I am not interested in this but I am sure that most of the retro gamers will like it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks nice, but I wonder if some USB ports aren't a bit difficult to reach.
I also see no need for that "rooftop" there. Device looks better from above but well, it doesn't make it worse if you left this corner completely open. ^^"
There's a huge difference. If you connect network or other cables there, it could look quite ugly if you put it in a spot next to the TV that is supposed to look clean :)

There's no problem connecting a mouse or keyboard to the upper ports. Sure, some USB Sticks might be too big to fit there, but then again, you got 4 ports here... :)

Depends if I'm forking someones repo.

retropi.png

retropi.png

retropi.png

retropi.png

retropi.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Something that would make a huge difference and doesnt cost much is a few strips of automotive grade double-sided tape.

That way the Retropi can be even more out of the way at the back of your monitor or TV. Very nice for the OS part of it too.

Provided the cartridges dont fall out that is.

Something that would make a huge difference and doesnt cost much is a few strips of automotive grade double-sided tape.

That way the Retropi can be even more out of the way at the back of your monitor or TV. Very nice for the OS part of it too.

Provided the cartridges dont fall out that is.
It would be far more difficult to swap carts if it is taped to the back of the TV/monitor.  Same for all other connections.  If someone wanted to do that they could buy the tape, but it doesn't seem very practical and defeats the purpose of the design.

Still working on the video, half-way finished (just don't have the time), but www.retropi.de is the place to go for everyone interested.

Back