The Rabbit Joint

Impressive, congrats :). Why did you do two AS levels in your second year though (on top of A2)? Isn't that quite unusual?

No offense to you intended, and congrats on your grade, but I feel that the addition of an A* this year devalues the grades of those of us who did our A levels before this happened.

The A* is more to help universities discern the difference between the best and the best of the best. That's what I've heard anyway.

(naw)mcx said:
Nova said:
No offense to you intended, and congrats on your grade, but I feel that the addition of an A* this year devalues the grades of those of us who did our A levels before this happened.

I think they are just handing them out this time around.

They really aren't. Getting an A* is an absolute bitch. You need 90% in your A2 modules, which is ridiculously hard.

As for the A*, it absolutely devalues the immense effort I put into getting an A in history. We are not amused.

Last edited by a moderator:
SomeGuy99 said:
Is it true that the old Alevels were much harder, or is this bullshit?

Old A Levels from the 80s and such?

From my experience, the content is the same, but questions are now much better worded, making things easier as a result.

simple.png

Do you guys hate it when someone asks for your help with something usually computer related. Half way through they start saying dont worry about it, dont worry about it and make you leave it in a more broken state than when you got there. Then the next day they complain in front of others how you broke the thing you were trying to fix for them. It would of been fixed if you let me finish you cock!

Or is that just me?

I tend to be helping people who can't use computers.

Like... can just about use a mouse types. I don't really mind, but it's a long process to explain decades of weird naming schemes and design decisions.

OH GOD.

Just after I finished typing this, a piece came on the radio about this very subject.

There's an organisation apparently called 'Don't be afraid of mice'.

Spooky. Stop it reality.

I dont mind helping at all... just let me finish what I started...

These people are hardly n00bs either they use autocad all day everyday and usually want me to set up a macro or change some settings.

Iorgy77 said:

These people are hardly n00bs either they use autocad all day everyday and usually want me to set up a macro or change some settings.

You'd be amazed what little things that even hardcore users don't know.

My mate did a computer science degree. He can program.

And yet he didn't know that spacebar can scroll a webpage. I'm sure there are so many things like this that I don't know about. It's kind of a pleasure to learn them.

Here's one I learnt recently:

In Windows (and Linux too) ctrl-escape is the same as the Windows key.

Iorgy77 said:

Some people just need someone to be guilty of their own behaviour... Don't worry much : co-worker usually know he is doing this all time and they where probably thinking something like "Sure, if you didn't snare all the afternoon yesterday, maybe he could have done it right" :p

SomeGuy99 said:
Here's one I learnt recently:

In Windows (and Linux too) ctrl-escape is the same as the Windows key.
Maybe in heretic GNOME it is.
I'm in KDE here, dual-booting Windows, and I know these commands:

Windows key - Opens the Start menu in Windows, does nothing in KDE
Ctrl + Escape - Opens KDE's System Activity thingy, does nothing in Windows
Ctrl + Shift + Escape - Opens Windows Task Manager, does nothing in KDE

Also, I added demo recording to my game. After a bunch of weird glitches (For a while, it played demos at half-speed because of an un-initialized bool), it works, but my simple test file format is ridiculously complex and terrible. I thought I should put it in Ogg somehow, so it could handle seeking and metadata for me, but I'm afraid of how complicated it will be to put a custom data format into Ogg.

Also, I need to look up some options for g++. Evidently it is not warning me about un-initialized variables, which have caused me several problems now.

lulzfish said:

Weird. It works here in XP. It is kind of legacy though... maybe they took it out of later versions.

SomeGuy99 said:
lulzfish said:

Weird. It works here in XP. It is kind of legacy though... maybe they took it out of later versions.
Whoops, I forgot you said it does something.
I almost never use Windows, and I just closed my XP VM, so it probably does open the start menu.

Iorgy77 said:
Do you guys hate it when someone asks for your help with something usually computer related. Half way through they start saying dont worry about it, dont worry about it and make you leave it in a more broken state than when you got there. Then the next day they complain in front of others how you broke the thing you were trying to fix for them. It would of been fixed if you let me finish you cock!

Or is that just me?
Argh!

My mum makes pickles and jams and stuff. I helped her set up some MS Word templates for labels, and because I live so far away she has a friend help her out with editing them. After a while they were all wrecked, with all text justification done with the spacebar etc. Nightmare. So I fixed it all with tables. Click, type, and print, beautiful.

In the 12 months that followed, all mum heard from her friend was THESE ARE ALL RUINED SINCE YOUR SON TOUCHED THEM.

Stupid ****.

Gruso said:
text justification done with the spacebar
Unthinkable!
At least use tabs!

That reminds me, I upgraded my router's firmware tonight. Taking all bets on when it starts shitting itself and dropping my SSH connections and my parent's MMORPG again. (It seems to take SSH as a command to start breaking everything)

Back