The Pyra case should have this colour as an option!

I wish I could see it in person.

supermusta+vantablack.jpg

I heard about this on radio, aside from the originally proposed applications, like use on telescopes, it is also going to be used by some artists...

So you probably could see it in person soon enough at a main art gallery near you. The artist on the radio article I heard was estimating himself using it in a piece ’in a few months'.

I'm hoping to see it soon too. The guy said best way he could describe it was like looking into a black hole

one of the benefits (or maybe the reason the choice was made) to putting it on foil is to show how hard it is to see the wrinkles.  It was mentioned in the video I watched.  I posted that pic so you can compare it to traditional blacks in that pic.

From: http://www.metro.us/newyork/lifestyle/tech/2014/07/14/5-things-need-know-vantablack/

The material is made out of carbon nanotubes which are 10,000 times thinner than human hair, grown on aluminum foil. It conducts heat seven and a half times more effectively than copper and has 10 times the tensile strength of steel.
Which seems to me to be perfect for something like the Pyra, except:

The material is so expensive that a firm officer was reportedly unable to reveal its price.
Boo.

If it is expensive you would expect they could have done more than go to the corner store for some foil to make it on.  Maybe it is so expensive to make that they couldn't afford something of a higher quality or more permanent.

Back