The Pope Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
loz_the_guru posted on Apr 2 2005 at 09:25 PM said:
now

if the poop had just gone to africa and preached a message of fidelity that would be cool, telling uneducated people that condoms are less effective than taking to a potentially nonexistant deity is just fucked up.

If the poop goes to Africa I'll bet the last thing it'll be preaching is fidelity.

spray posted on Apr 2 2005 at 09:37 PM said:
Seriously, most scientists think that there was a man named Jesus who did miraclous things around that time, it says something in the records about a miraculous man or something.
:huh: Who are these "most scientists" that you speak of? If you want to know what most scientists have to say, go here.

But seriously, how did this thread turn into yet another argument about christianity? I could respect the Pope quite apart from not being a Christian, which is a big part of the reason why he was so well liked around the world. He preached many usefull things (and a few unusefull ones, yes, but nobody is perfect) ie. he encouraged peacefull resolution to global conflict, much like the Dalai Lama (who is another religious leader that I respect).

We can only hope that the church will choose somebody good to replace him, because let's face it, the Vatican has had much, much worse leaders that John Paul II over the years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Best thing to do with a Jehava's witness is to say your a satanist.....they never touch your door again

Why do some pople have NO respect for the religeous beliefs of others?

I'm n ot Catholic or anything, but the Pope was important to a lot of people, which should be respected. Unfortunately at the moment, it's 'fashionable' to diss Christianity. I wouldnt regard myself as a Christian, as I dont feel I can just accept all of hats in the Bible without question, but I know there's SOMETHING going on and it is likely there's some sourt of higher power at work- i.e. I am a spiritual person.

The thing is, I wouldnt blatently disrespect other's religeons as has been happening on this thread.

Please keep it respectful.

Ta

I dont mind people having views its when they ram them down you throat/ tell you that its Hell for you.

Also the pope's beliefs where antiquated, thus my hatred.

I can put up with Christians who dont ram there views down my throat, heck I even went out with one.

Assholes will be assholes. Speaking of which,

charga_man posted on Apr 3 2005 at 12:47 AM said:
it was totaly pope related. did you not read it properly or not fully understand it?
It was a general comment. But please don't undermine mods if you intend to keep posting.

As long as I can still wake up tommorow morning I don't really give a shit, yeah he was a great guy in many ways but I always thought that all the gold and priceless items sitting in the Vatican could have been sold to make money for those who really need it.

And if all men are truly equal under the eyes of god, why should a select few just be a little higher up with their own special wards in hospitals to keep them alive just a little longer...I don't reckon anyone will set aside such priviledges for me or anyone else here.

Apeiron posted on Apr 2 2005 at 11:47 PM said:
I don't get why people are sad,according to the religion he's going to join god/the ranks of God. He's happy and at peace, no more pain and he has finally found out whether his belief is true.
well it cannot be true as people have died for over 6 hours and come back to tell that it was just as though they closed their eyes and woke up to

nurse: the salene infusion drip is low
doctor: 10cc's of detol with 1 part salene in that drip now!

Rest In Peace

About this right wing bullshit, the Pope was far from being a racist, he invited in 1986 all the religious chiefs to pray together, it' s not the usual idea of racism...

But it' s true that he was concervator.

sam fisher posted on Apr 3 2005 at 03:54 PM said:
Apeiron posted on Apr 2 2005 at 11:47 PM said:
I don't get why people are sad,according to the religion he's going to join god/the ranks of God. He's happy and at peace, no more pain and he has finally found out whether his belief is true.
well it cannot be true as people have died for over 6 hours and come back to tell that it was just as though they closed their eyes and woke up to

nurse: the salene infusion drip is low
doctor: 10cc's of detol with 1 part salene in that drip now!

or maybe when the people woke up they forgot they went to a better place or god though that is wasnt time for them to die so had a long think and gave them another chance. :blink: :unsure:

im not religious and mean no offence

what was the purpose of the pope?

im unsure of how he fitted in with jesus+god

has there always been one or is it just a new thing?

moz posted on Apr 3 2005 at 06:47 PM said:

i aswell like you are not religious nor know why there is a pope but i think there were afew more popes before him, its surely not new thing.

moz posted on Apr 3 2005 at 06:47 PM said:

The first Pope was one of Jesus' apostle.

And the Pope is here to represent the Catholics around the world and to direct the Christian Catholic Church.

moz posted on Apr 3 2005 at 05:47 PM said:

Well towards the end of the Roman Empire, the Romans converted from their original state religion, which was a state-controlled form of polytheism, to christianity. As the traditional head of the Roman religion (the pontifex maximus), the Emperor assumed exactly the same position, as god's representative on earth. As the empire collapsed, the religion stayed the same, which meant that eventually only the vatican was owned by the emperor (or Pope), but he still held religious control over europe.

Its pretty much gone down for Catholicism from there.

Twimfy posted on Apr 3 2005 at 12:09 PM said:
As long as I can still wake up tommorow morning I don't really give a shit, yeah he was a great guy in many ways but I always thought that all the gold and priceless items sitting in the Vatican could have been sold to make money for those who really need it.

Hey, you could make the same argument for art galleries, museums and pretty much all form of enetertainment such as movies or books. Think of how much we waste on a daily basis, ie. throwing out a store-bought bottle after 1 drink, plastic bags, using the computer when only 1% of the world's population even owns one. Are you willing to give that all up and sell it to make money for the poor? Exactly... so why do you think that the vatican should sell it's priceless national treasures? If people followed your arguments, art would not exist.

Okey, I can respect catholics for their beliefs, but when it goes so as far as praying for a racist/gay-hater, the only thing I want to say is I'm glad he's dead.

WTF? What' s the meaning of "racist"? He always preached for the tolerance between people all around the world

For the gay it' s in the bible, he didn' t said that we all need to kill them all, but he was against the marriage for them.

Absolutely! The "racist" thing is SOO fucking ridicolous. He made mistakes, sure. But he also achieved a lot of good things. He didn't want catholics and protestant to celebrate church service (you know, the thing on sundays) together, but he made great achievements in terms of both religions getting closer together. Hell he also made attemps to get closer to muslims buddhist and other religions. HE was the one who appologized for the actions of the church in WWII (regarding the mass murder of the jews). He was a pope, that, although he was not supposed to do, was a political pope. He wasn't affraid to criticize the actions of poiliticians like mr. Bush and others.

furthermore I think to prevent any more arguing, a mod should close this thread!

Horscht posted on Apr 5 2005 at 05:52 PM said:
Absolutely! The "racist" thing is SOO fucking ridicolous. He made mistakes, sure. But he also achieved a lot of good things. He didn't want catholics and protestant to celebrate church service (you know, the thing on sundays) together, but he made great achievements in terms of both religions getting closer together. Hell he also made attemps to get closer to muslims buddhist and other religions. HE was the one who appologized for the actions of the church in WWII (regarding the mass murder of the jews). He was a pope, that, although he was not supposed to do, was a political pope. He wasn't affraid to criticize the actions of poiliticians like mr. Bush and others.

furthermore I think to prevent any more arguing, a mod should close this thread!
chuuuch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back