The Killer Song

WarmFluffyUK

The Big Wad Bolf.
Website
www.retrotech.one
Sorry about this, but I am really upset at the moment, I'm, not even sure I will submit this.

I don't get on with my parents, they do not hold with certain life decisions I made, well actually my dad is okay but my mum is "whow" not.

I get gut feelings. How do I explain this, well, I get this screwed up feeling in my stomach. And usually something bad happens in my life. It's normally something trivial, i.e. Gut screwed up, and a night out with the girls ends badly.

But this was bad, had it for weeks, and I had the stoopid idea of calling my mum. She said "Sorry Clare, this is a bad time to call as your grandfather died 2 weeks ago". I am crying over this now, but there is worse news and I am not posting it here.

This happened a few weeks back, I am trying to deal with it all, and I really am not looking for the sympathy thing here. I don't know why I am typing this, like I said before, I don't think I am going to press submit.

Is there a question? Well yes, Anyone out there been let down by family? the real question is, Is family really that important, or are friends the real family?

I must sound like the suicidal bitch or something, but I am okay really. My boyfriend will be here tomorrow, and I need a hug.......

I feel sorry for your GrandFather and whatever the even more serious news is.

I have often been let down by family members and even though tey do this I still feel that they are pretty important. However, I also think that true friends, not the ones that are just around when there is something in it for them, are just as important than family.

I hope that this will all be ok for you.

*Administers big hug to warmfluffy*

Hey Clare !

Don't be sorry of sharing this with us, I hope we can help you to feel a bit better.
I feel sad for you at this time :(

I think family and friends are two different things.
You choose your friends, not your family.
On one side you have the friendship you built with your own choices, on the other side you have something that came without your choice. I think it still important whatever happened in life.
It's hard to explain but I think family feelings is stronger even if you have to fight (a lot sometimes) them in order to just be what you really are.
I have a very strong relationship with my family and friends too (same friends since 20 years or more for some of them).
But I have some of those friends that have been let down by their family badly (and I mean really badly).
For those guys friends are like a family. But even them need sometimes to reach their family to express what they feel about things (about them or other family members).
So please don't think about that as a weakness or something. It's not.
The idea of calling your mom wasn't that stupid as you know now for your grandpa. This is the most important thing.

Well, hum, I feel stupid right now as I don't know if this could really help you to chill on those bad moments.
While waiting your boyfriend's hug (he's perhaps YOUR futur family :) ), accept a full of real love virtual hug from a community guy (even if that sounds like a hippy thing ;) )

hug hug hug hug hug hug WarmFluffyUK

julien

Ps : sorry for my bad english, but be sure that all my heart was in this post !

On behalf of the entire forum please accept a massive 9226 e-hug.

I really stand by the fact that real friends are just as important as family. That is my opinion anyway.

Yes I have been let down by family, in a huge way.

Family are not that important, if they aren't important. If you have friends who care about you, they are what you need around you.

They choose to look out for you, they don't feel obliged to.

Don't feel bad about not being in touch with family if they contribute nothing but negtivity to your life.

Sorry to hear you're feeling low :( , perhaps find something to smash up with a sledgehammer, I often find this helps when I get upset about such things.

Back