The PawByte Codenamed "Flyght" Console

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id doubt it. Wafer thin is what id describe it as.

I think i could do a better job myself and i have zero technical knowledge.

If you want to watch the design process of a real gaming console built from scratch, look at the Zikzak topic :p

I guess skeezix will also make the hardware "opensource", now that's a real console promoting opensource :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait a moment - you guys believe, that this project is not an hoax?

the hardware is on hold until some software is finished? you've got it back to front!
The software is the game that he had on kickstarter. It's behind schedule so he needs to focus on finishing it before working on some console with a questionable future.

/>

Wait a moment - you guys believe, that this project is not an hoax?
Read all my posts, you'll see what I think about this "project".
To sum it up : "Bollocks!"

^^^^^^LoL. A half baked scheme for sure. I would not dare undertake such an endeavour without the correct, experienced and skilled people by my side.

ALOT of money could be lost if such a thing is not completely researched before hand. Nothing the weird and 8 has said to date convinces me that he know what he's doing.

the hardware is on hold until some software is finished? you've got it back to front!
The software was promised for a bunch of other platforms, and it has some feasible chance of actually being completed. Diverting any resources from it to a vaporware console would be a really bad idea.

God will lead this project to freedom and success.
You know it's pretty rude to mock people for their religious beliefs. I don't know how things are over there but over here someone expressing a belief in god isn't usually something that garners a bunch of point and laugh reactions..

To everyone else, please try to understand the difference between a hoax and a pipedream. It's up there with the difference between trolling and angry posting.

Yeah its a pipe dream for sure. I never got the impression that it was a hoax.

the weird and the 8 shouldnt talk until he has something truly concrete to show.

I_7f9381_805117.jpg

I believe in science.

It's not about what you believe, it's about not mocking people for believing something different. Even if it doesn't make sense to you.

I really thought it was an hoax, because the first time I noticed this thread was with the posts on the first of April and the stuff I found on his site looked like it.

No offense. oO

^^^^^^data about potential consumers and such? Feedback?

What kind of help? Trying to gauge if theres a market for the console?

We have a Google Docs spreadsheet of all of the completed surveys. The survey is not about getting into the market, but gamer trends and needs.

We have a Google Docs spreadsheet of all of the completed surveys. The survey is not about getting into the market, but gamer trends and needs.
I see. There is SO MANY android consoles on the horizon atm. god there's maybe 7 or 8 in total. Some of those systems will crash and burn and others may have a limited life span.

For  Open source there is the pandora and the gcw zero.

there seems to be alot happening right now, steam boxes, nvidia shield, ps4 priced at only 400 bucks,. The ouya is a cheap home console for the telly though only partially open apparently. I dunno where does a new console fit in.

If its aiming for a niche market IT NEEDS TO DIFFRENTIATE ITSELF from the competition.

Upgradeable or modular hardware might be cool. The pandora 2 was rumoured to be considering this at one point.

ouya and nvidia shield will update the processors on a yearly basis apparently, thus always staying relevant for the foreseeable future.

Personally i would do something different to the competition. It needs to be worth purchasing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back