Best Console Systems

The only problem with getting hold of Radiant Silvergun is that I would want one is a decent condition. And as I've been hearing, to get a copy in mint condition can cost upto and above £100, which is ridiculous for a game even if it is a classic and rare.

On the balance of hardware + software (not including backwards compatiblity) my top 20 would be:

1. Xbox 360 (including non-emulated Live Arcade games)
2. Dreamcast
3. SNES
4. Xbox
5. PS2 (hate the hardware, but so much great exclusive software...)
6. Saturn
7. Gamecube
8. NES (hardware is awful)
9. PC Engine
10. Wii
11. PS1
12. PS3 (this will surely move higher in time)
13. Megadrive
14. CD32
15. Atari 2600
16. N64
17. Neo Geo
18. 3DO
19. Vectrex (I love it, but there's really only a few games worth playing)
20. SMS

As far games systems go the best games ever released were on n64 and dreamcast, both systems produced finest games to date nothing comes close to sega and nintendo magic, super mario 64 one of the greatest 3d plaformer ever and soul calibur the greatest fighting ever created nothing on the ps3,xbox 360,wii can compare with these games, after dreamcast all consoles released after this were rubbish i bought all of them and sold them i'm going to buy another dreamcast console soon just to play emulators,freeware games and of course dc games i had most fun out of n64 and dreamcast not the others well here is a list of other console i recommened highly:

1)super nintendo (starwing being the best game on the system)
2)gameboy advance (Producing classics and original games)
3)sega saturn (nights is the finest game on the system)
4)sega genesis (masterpiece in every way, i loved sonic games)
5)sega mega cd (sonic cd was an awesome game on sega cd there are so many good games on it)
6)pc engine (excellent gaming system)
7)neo geo mvs (one of my favourite for fighters and shooters probably the most incredible arcade gaming
system to date, neo is far better than ps and xbox systems i hate them)

GunPei2X said:
On the balance of hardware + software (not including backwards compatiblity) my top 20 would be:

1. Xbox 360 (including non-emulated Live Arcade games)
2. Dreamcast
3. SNES
4. Xbox
5. PS2 (hate the hardware, but so much great exclusive software...)
6. Saturn
7. Gamecube
8. NES (hardware is awful)
9. PC Engine
10. Wii
11. PS1
12. PS3 (this will surely move higher in time)
13. Megadrive
14. CD32
15. Atari 2600
16. N64
17. Neo Geo
18. 3DO
19. Vectrex (I love it, but there's really only a few games worth playing)
20. SMS
Surely the Wii doesn't have better titles than the ps3 (currently). Both are neck-and-neck with their level of mediocrity.

sukhigp said:
As far games systems go the best games ever released were on n64 and dreamcast, both systems produced finest games to date nothing comes close to sega and nintendo magic, super mario 64 one of the greatest 3d plaformer ever and soul calibur the greatest fighting ever created nothing on the ps3,xbox 360,wii can compare with these games, after dreamcast all consoles released after this were rubbish i bought all of them and sold them i'm going to buy another dreamcast console soon just to play emulators,freeware games and of course dc games i had most fun out of n64 and dreamcast not the others well here is a list of other console i recommened highly:

1)super nintendo (starwing being the best game on the system)
2)gameboy advance (Producing classics and original games)
3)sega saturn (nights is the finest game on the system)
4)sega genesis (masterpiece in every way, i loved sonic games)
5)sega mega cd (sonic cd was an awesome game on sega cd there are so many good games on it)
6)pc engine (excellent gaming system)
7)neo geo mvs (one of my favourite for fighters and shooters probably the most incredible arcade gaming
system to date, neo is far better than ps and xbox systems i hate them)
Starwing is the best game on the system? Come on. The SNES is hands down one of the best gaming systems ever. There are sooooooooooooooooooooooo many incredible titles that come to mind; sadly, starwing isn't one that can compete with the likes of super mario world, super mario RPG, donkey kong country, chrono trigger, etc.

As for the saturn....Nights? LMAO. Go look at the games that were mentioned above by twoheadedboy. Nights is certainly wonderful, but the saturn has a very nice collection of near-flawless titles. It would be like me arguing which is better, the halo franchise or the GTA franchise. Both are incredible, but in their own way. It's like comparing apples to oranges.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm afraid nights still the best game on the saturn, no game can do better flying than nights oh man he flies better than superman he's so incredible, yes i know there are incredible games on saturn i liked fighters megamix no fighting comes close to when it comes to punch and kick fighting action the game was huge with loads of modes and it can played for ages excellent stuff sega.

I totally disagree that ps3 games are better than wii that not true here is the list to prove it:

1)super mario galaxy -ps3 doesn't have a one
2)nights -flying action once again ps3 is becoming a joke
3)metroid prime 3 -plays like a dream with the controllers beat that ps3 control system sucks using pads
4)resident evil 4 -ps3 can never play re in wii style
5)mario & olympics -mario and sonic in one game it's awesome, ps3 stinks

Ps3 software doesn't come close to wii and by the way nintendo is an games company and sony is an electronic company, what made people buy ps consoles nintendo produces the best games on the planet and of course sega is awesome to.

The wii would have been better if sega joined him oh man it would have been incredible.

I prefer starwing on snes as the best game on the system, i always choose greatest game on each system these are my greateast games on each system:

1)Nights (saturn) The games has flying action, game like no other.
2)Soul calibur (Dreamcast) greatest fighting game ever.
3)Sonic & Knuckles (Megadrive) when locked on you reveal more secrets and paths and game becomes huge.
4)Eternal champions (mega cd) coolest fighting game made by sega one of my favourites.
5)Starwing (snes) one of the best game on snes uses fx chip at its best.
6)Lylat wars (N64) Incredible graphics and superb gameplay making it the best n64 game ever.
7)F-zero (Gameboy advance) one of the fastest racing ever and becomes the best gba ever.

As for ps3,wii,xbox 360 they do not have any great games they will remain in the dust for couple of years, retro gaming is the best and modern gaming is on the test for the next 1 or 2 years.

sukhigp said:
1)super mario galaxy -ps3 doesn't have a one
2)nights -flying action once again ps3 is becoming a joke
3)metroid prime 3 -plays like a dream with the controllers beat that ps3 control system sucks using pads
4)resident evil 4 -ps3 can never play re in wii style
5)mario & olympics -mario and sonic in one game it's awesome, ps3 stinks
1. Yes, great game. I'll match it with Drake's Fortune on the ps3.
2. The new nights is rubbish. please don't let fanboyism blind you.
3. Indeed, this is a great game. I'll pair it with Resistance on the ps3.
4. RE4 belongs to the gamecube. Everything else is a REMAKE to make money.
5. hahahahaha. You're a comedian I see!

At least the PS3 has some titles that are also on the 360. That alone gives it enough edge to barely pass the wii in terms of decent software at this current time.

uncharted is not even in the same league as mario galaxy, same goes with metroid prime 3 against resistance, as it stands at the moment there is still nothing exclusive to the ps3 that warrants me to pay the price theyre asking, when it has games and its cheaper i'll get one.

I wouldn't pair off Mario Galaxy with Uncharted: Drake's Fortune for the basic reason that both games are fundamentaly different. The guy has a point though. Super Mario Galaxy is an incredible game that if it were to appear anywhere else, it just would be as much fun. SMG set a high standard for games and U:DF just doesn't come close to it.

Also, Metroid Prime 3 with Resistance. Resistance isn't actually that good a game. I think the thing that it has got going for it is the online multiplayer which is supposed to be better than the single player campaign by far. But both are completely different games again. Metroid is 'supposed' to be a first person adventure (and still is to a certain extent. it's just the controls are for an fps. But what controls) where as Resistance is a fully fledged fps.

But I basically agree with you DCGM on everything else. RE4 belongs to the Gamecube no matter how good the Wii version is. Mario and Sonic isn't that great a game. And while the new NiGHTS game doesn't hold a candle to the original it's still alright for the 3 or so hours it takes to complete.

I think it's far too early to be comparing software and saying which has better with the PS3 and the Wii. While the Wii is getting ps2 ports, the PS3 is getting 360 ports (some of which are just awful ports). I think by the end of this year, we'll see properly which has the better software. I think we may well be surprised. I think the PS3 may end up with the better software but thats based on the fact that Nintendo haven't revealed anything about their proposed releases for the second half of the year, other than Animal Crossing Wii coming out in japan by the end of the year.

Oh and Sukhigp, I'm guessing english isn't your first language. However, a bit of punctuation would help people when reading your posts. I got the jist but only just.

Argh im not "comparing" software at all. I'm just pairing up A+ quality games on both systems in order to show that neither is much better than the other in terms of software, at this point in time. Really, both are severely lacking and need to pick up the pace. One decent title every 5 months isn't really cutting it for consumers.

As far as games systems go the best ever released was the game.com nothing could touch it with pda features and touchscreen i mean really ps3,xbox 360 doesnt have these which is rubbish so i bought them all and then sold them because without touchscreen they couldnt touch the game.com the game.com has a stylus, yes i know game.com was only a handheld console but holding it in your hands is much better than carrying a tv i mean really can you fit a tv and console in your pocket?? only if you had really big pockets which dont exist so xbox360 is much worse than game.com and here is the list to prove it:

1)stylus-ps3,xbox360,wii doesn't have this
2)touchscreen-ha ps3 is rubbish it doesn't have one
3)pda features
4)resident evil-portable is awesome,ps3 stinks

The most incredible system has to be gp2x f-200 it has touch screen,stylus as you said you want pda features there you go nothing beats gp2x when it come to emulation.

I can say one thing about pda they aren't that good they can't connect external accessories, the gp2x has cradle which can connect control pads,hard drives for an extra facilities and pda aren't capable of doing that so they come in no.2 and gp2x at no.1, we will get better features from the pandora which isn't released yet it will be a power house of a system.

The gp2x is an big joke it's not compareable to a pc.

Gp2x can't install anything without a pc, if you throw your pc away you won't able to install any emulators into the gp2x, so think first before writing.

sukhigp said:
The gp2x is an big joke it's not compareable to a pc.

Gp2x can't install anything without a pc, if you throw your pc away you won't able to install any emulators into the gp2x, so think first before writing.
This guy's sarcasm detector needs new components.

Back