The Nightmare That Gph Made Wiz...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glossywhite, I'll waste no further time on you other than to point out that you feel qualified to judge the Wiz a "nightmare" and a "monster" with the tiny amount of knowledge you have about it it. Why do you have a problem with me feeling qualified to think your a pointless irritant based on the large amount of complaining you do? Go on report me yet again, get your kicks in whatever pathetic way you can - you like to dish out negativity but can't handle it when it comes back at you.

EDIT: I agree this thread should be closed, though let the whining PITA have the last say lest he throw a tantrum. A warning is unnecessary, I'm wasting no more time on this.

bang2.gif

(support closing the thread)

Okay ~once again~ if you can sit through the drama a small nugget of information appears: Be extremely careful doing firmware updates.

Just s-can the <DRAMA>

The actual information is interesting enough without the noise level!

The guy totally trashed his Wiz after making a mistake that, while preventable, also shouldn't have trashed his Wiz. And in reaction he made a thread to complain about the Wiz and GPH. Is he overreacting? Probably. But so are a lot of the other people posting in this thread. And I don't think it'd be wrong to say that a lot of you are being defensive and rationalizing problems that really could have been easily corrected.

Try to consider how you would feel in this situation.

I don't have a Wiz, precisely because I do have a GP2X.

There was every chance that after the monumental screw-up they made of the '2x that they might actually address all the failings and produce a good console in the Wiz. However, we're talking about GPH and it was blindingly obvious that they wouldn't.

And they didn't.

I will, however, buy the next one - but only after it's been out for 6 months and there's enough positive forum reaction to justify doing so. Anyone that buys one without having read posts and reviews from people that own one[1] is pretty much an idiot.

D.

[1] I'm aware that those people are, by my own definition, idiots. I stand by this assessment.

seriously, some of you are like hysterical mothers overprotecting their baby from a chimera. I can understand glossywhite was furious from what i can read about. And honestly, why do you need to react so badly to his feeling ? it's like reading some fanboys reactions in some pro-Sony/pro-Nintendo forums. kids, behave yourself properly and be indulgent.

glossywhite said:
Are you a fanboy?. I'm sure you're intelligent enough not to take that route.
Ha! :lol:

I'm no fan of the Wiz, but I'm even less a fan of people getting all worked up over a problem that is - at least partially - their own fault. I'm also not a fan of getting report-spamed because you think every post that disagrees with you is "insulting".

So settle down. The Wiz should check for a valid firmware image before attempting to flash, but so should you. You've learned a lesson, you've alerted other owners to the issue, now let it go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chip said:
glossywhite said:
Are you a fanboy?. I'm sure you're intelligent enough not to take that route.
Ha! :lol:

I'm no fan of the Wiz, but I'm even less a fan of people getting all worked up over a problem that is - at least partially - their own fault. I'm also not a fan of getting report-spamed because you think every post that disagrees with you is "insulting".

So settle down. The Wiz should check for a valid firmware image before attempting to flash, but so should you. You've learned a lesson, you've alerted other owners to the issue, now let it go.

Okay, agreed. Done. Period. :)

paldepind said:
I don't hope you thought you where going to get a flawless gaming device when you bought a Wiz. Cuss you won't. It's made by Korean people who don't know how to play games. I'm not saying Wiz sucks I'm just saying that some flaws is only what you can expect from a firm like GHP.
I take it you never tried the gp32 then? Felt a lot nicer to use IMO than GP2X or Wiz.

Did it never occur to you that it may just be GamePark Holdings who don't have a clue rather than the whole nation of South Korea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back