Wiz To Include Wifi, Bluetooth in the future

CronoTriggerfan

Website
pixelstopolygons.com
I was just poking around gp2xwiz.com today, and found this in the FAQ. It says:
GPH said:
The standard Wiz does not support them for now but will have the features when further upgrades are complete.
You can use third-party products that support Bluetooth connection such as dongles (which is due to be released next spring).
The latter part I took as a given, but the first part is very interesting. The only real complaint I had about the Wiz was lacking WiFi and Bluetooth (and perhaps an analog nub to put that 3D hardware to good use, but that's a personal opinion). These updates would truly make the Wiz an awesome product if they were well implemented by the community, and I have no doubt that they wouldn't be.

The only question is, why the hell would GPH announce this? Who's going to buy a launch Wiz now? :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I read that as meaning they are planning on releasing add-ons for these things, not that they have a new version planned. Anything you read from GPH in English is going to be a fairly vague interpretation, so it isn't worth reading too much into what they say or the way they say things.

Could I be pedantic and suggest the topic title becomes "GPH to add Wifi / Bluetooth support to Wiz down the track", without the question mark? That still keeps it within the realm of fact, and also stops it from looking like a dumb noob question, which it isn't. :)

Fair enough, although I can't make it your exact title, as theres too many characters. Approximated. (Replying here rather than bumping the thread, so people don't think there new info)- Squidge.

No worries, thanks. :) -Gruso

This is nothing anyway, my Wiz has a flux capacitor and saturation to stop the co-ordinates i put into the time travel function taking me outside of space time! We've all see the voyager timeship episode where that happens!

CronoTriggerfan said:
Who's going to buy a launch Wiz now? :lol:
The people who have no wifi or bluetooth implants in their bodies.

quasist said:
CronoTriggerfan said:
Who's going to buy a launch Wiz now? :lol:
The people who have no wifi or bluetooth implants in their bodies.

I still plan to buy a launch Wiz... The whole wifi/bluetooth thing is not a selling point for me... In fact I see them as liabilities to the system, they consume juice (even when disabled) and really don't offer options that I would use! I just plan to play my emulators on the thing (yeah, I'm a filthy pirate, deal with it. :p )

the only bluetooth function that would interest me is A2DP support for a wireless headset. but seeing as how nearly every "opensource" platform out there (without exception) have major problems with this, I doubt I'll see this option before the next iteration of the gp#x system.

Now the Pandora... yeah... that thing better have wifi (bluetooth is useless again though) with the bulk of that brick?!? Bloody thing better be a frikin' micro laptop!

Back