Need To Restore 1.1.0 Firmware On Wiz, But Stuck @ "gph" Lgoo

glossywhite

Still Fresh
Hi all. I have to reset my Wiz 1.1.0 firmware back to defaults (it is on 1.1.0 already). I have extracted and copied the six files to the ROOT of my SDHC card... but when I turn the power off, hold down right shoulder button (noone tells you it is the right SHOULDER button - they just say "the right button" which is vague) I get a black screen for *AGES* with "GPH" logo on it... and nothing else.

What exactly am I doing wrong?, Does this console do ANYTHING it is hyped up to do?. If I had paid for this I would be bitterly disappointed. Please help, as I need to return it to the distributor ASAP.

Hold down the right shoulder button when you turn the Wiz ON, you should get the Firmware Upgrage (that says it all!) screen pop up, it takes about 15 minutes to update.
Cheers, Neil

Neil L said:
Hold down the right shoulder button when you turn the Wiz ON, you should get the Firmware Upgrage (that says it all!) screen pop up, it takes about 15 minutes to update.
Cheers, Neil

As I mentioned, that doesn't work.

Last edited by a moderator:
glossywhite said:
I have extracted and copied the six files to the ROOT of my SDHC card... but when I turn the power off, hold down right shoulder button I get a black screen for *AGES* with "GPH" logo on it... and nothing else.

Sorry, how I read it you were holding down the R button down while turning it off.
The only other thing I can think of is to delete the 6 files, redownload them, unzip them to the SD card and try again.
(I've had to redownload things from the archive, because they don't work the first time???)

Cheers, Neil

Last edited by a moderator:
Back