The Next Advert

Magnulus posted on Jul 21 2006 at 06:48 PM said:
heh. Well, I don't think he's getting rich off it, anyway. And since we don't have to pay for our games, consider this a payment.

I'll give up ~$20 for Vektar when it comes out. At 64MBs, it should be worth it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
TelcoLou posted on Jul 21 2006 at 05:34 PM said:
:lol: at all of you doing Craig's work for him :lol:

So? I basically do most of the external testing of GP32z's web interfaces before they're publicized, whenever David decides he needs to switch. :rolleyes:

UnderConstruction.jpg

This is my current workspace - and you get a little peek at what I am working on - on the right. It is scaled 33% to fit the screen... so it looks distorted.

A4 format, presumably for a magazine - 2480 by 3508 printing to a 21cm x 29.7cm piece of paper (using metrics). I am not posting a viable copy till it is done - mainly to protect the work from copy-cats. (Hey, I put a lot of work into my stuff. :) )

I know there are some spacing issues - which I will touch up when I have all the elements finished... I've got a lot of work to do.

Dual Monitors - ftw.

Looks great, but fullspeed MAME, PC-Engine and ScummVM are three big reasons why people would buy the GP2x. I'm not trying to tell you what to put in it of course, just giving my suggestion.

Yono posted on Jul 21 2006 at 09:29 PM said:
Looks great, but fullspeed MAME, PC-Engine and ScummVM are three big reasons why people would buy the GP2x. I'm not trying to tell you what to put in it of course, just giving my suggestion.

Yeah - I am going to split up "Games" and "Emulators" because there are many excellent examples of each - and I should have about ~5-6 "blades" on it - describing the different functions...

I like photoshop because I can group the objects flexibly - and create a heirarchy where I can re-design and re-structure it really quickly. I may create more than one variation if Craig actually wants this... for the different magazines. It would mix it up a bit.

I'm open for hire. ;)

[edit] Also - to point out, I am giving legal representation to the companies who's products are mentioned and/or listed - to which they have the rights. Just to make sure. ^_^

Magnulus posted on Jul 22 2006 at 03:10 AM said:
Remember to get the updated version of the logo. File archive has been updated with it.

Will do.

You can't use photos of sonic or mario, try MAME or some such instead.

You CAN use PC games though, scummvm ones, duke, quake, ultima etc.

craigix posted on Jul 22 2006 at 12:30 PM said:

Yeah - that is what I figured... it will make room for other platforms - but I think that Genesis and Super Nintendo would be very appealing... and I do not know exactly how to convey that without those two characters.

Any ideas, folks?

Crazy Goat posted on Jul 22 2006 at 03:32 PM said:
craigix posted on Jul 22 2006 at 12:30 PM said:

Yeah - that is what I figured... it will make room for other platforms - but I think that Genesis and Super Nintendo would be very appealing... and I do not know exactly how to convey that without those two characters.

Any ideas, folks?
Try some... um... other hits?

You must also be aware of the fact that Nintendo is going to do a lot of emulator things on the upcoming new console, the Wii. A lot of games will be launched again through the online service of Nintnedo, including a lot of Mega Drive games. So i would be very carefull with that sort of thing. Only use what's totaly freeware is permitted to be used publicly. The last thing you want is going to court with some lawyers because of some used screenshots or whatever.

I think when people know that some things can be emulated on the platform, they will look for them selfs what can be emulated as well. I would be very careful with giving hints in the emulation direction. But maybe i am a little too suspicious about it all together... :) I wouldn't dare to use a picture of Sonic or Mario if i made a new advert these days...

craigix posted on Jul 22 2006 at 02:30 PM said:

Why not? It's legal in the US, not in the UK?

GP2XMag4.jpg

Here it is - scaled to 50%, which is why the text looks "iffy"

There are some tweaks I will make here-and-there... but this is pretty solid.

I know that Crimson Fields wasn't made FOR the GP2X - but I was out of ideas as to what I should put there.

[edit] changed header from "it does it all" to "does it all"

[Edit 2] I've tweaked the text on some of the labels like the "Doom" footnote, and centered them better - not shown in this jpeg.

Magnulus posted on Jul 22 2006 at 03:53 PM said:
Looks very good, man.
One thing, I think the GP2X in the Movie "section" must be stuck behind the grey area or something. Looks very faint and grey.

I specifically made it grey so it wouldn't attract TOO much attention... but now that I look at it, it is overkill - I will lower it's transparency.

Thanks!

I am thinking about giving the grey bars some texture, instead of just being grey... probably some pattern in the background.

Maybe you can use the better version of Beat2x, as that skin was replaced in .4 as a secondary skin, as the .3 skin was way too large for its own good. I dunno, just a though, and maybe you can write it also plays Genesis, SNES, etc... even though you dont show it in the pictures?

Back