The Minigame Project 2x V2.2i

jansport posted on Apr 16 2006 at 03:34 AM said:
Nice piece of work, the control in some games is brilliantly implement, though my only gripe with the games is that some of them don't seem to rise in difficulty much as you progress through them. Is there a downloadable source code?

Also what would be a cool feature, similar to Wario Ware, is some random selection generator, where everytime you finish/lose a game the program would switch to another game it chooses at random, that way you no longer need to spend time navigating the menu. What would also be a great incentive to play the game longer is the ability to unlock more mini-games by beating high-scores as opposed to having all of them accessible from the start.

Damn that Sonic minigame is good....

Nope, no source released yet, since is very messy and pretty much undocumented. Just tell me what games should rise more in difficulty, and I`ll see what I can do.

And, yes I toyed with the idea of a Wario Ware mode very often, but with the current state of how the minigames are coded, it would be just too much work. And since I still want to give other Fenix coders the possibilty to add minigames, it would be even more work. So a WW mode is a big no, sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much! My stay with my in laws this easter was made tolerable because of the project. Wonderful homebrew! Thanks again!

Quiest posted on Apr 16 2006 at 04:38 PM said:
Nope, no source released yet, since is very messy and pretty much undocumented. Just tell me what games should rise more in difficulty, and I`ll see what I can do.

Cool, yeah the following games could do with a higher difficulty setting: Squares 32, Extender, City Defense and Action Tank. Does anyone else agree?

Are you crazy? :D Extender, City Defense and Action Tank rise enough in difficulty. At some point in CD and AT, there are lots of bombs, so you really have a hard time to survive.

Extender is absolutely outdated, next version has the standalone settings worked in, and those won`t change, cause they are balanced. If you can`t score above 5 millions in the Extender standalone (my highscore is a little above 7 millions), the difficulty is NOT to low for you.

I agree with Squares32, and I`ll see what I can do for the next release.

Quiest posted on Apr 20 2006 at 11:38 AM said:
Are you crazy? :D Extender, City Defense and Action Tank rise enough in difficulty. At some point in CD and AT, there are lots of bombs, so you really have a hard time to survive.

Extender is absolutely outdated, next version has the standalone settings worked in, and those won`t change, cause they are balanced. If you can`t score above 5 millions in the Extender standalone (my highscore is a little above 7 millions), the difficulty is NOT to low for you.

I agree with Squares32, and I`ll see what I can do for the next release.

Crazy like a fox :p Ok once I finally figured out what I was supposed to do Extender I realised the difficulty setting was grand. Put a bit more time into City Defense and Action Tank and agreed with your point, however it takes a while for City Defense to become considerably more difficult, any chance you could speed up the process?
Also I've noticed that the shield status in the R-Type clone never seems decrease for me but every object I hit off my ship would instantly blow up.

Hmm sure, I can speed up City Defense a little, it really needs some time to get hectic :D
But Action Tank stays as it is, cause I like it ^_^

About R-Type Survival, you have to activate the shield by pressing either x, a or b (can`t remember which one it was, best take a look at the readme :p).

I`m also very pleased with myself as I just finished another minigame ^^

firstly, these are all very cool, a great package.

has anyone tried playing these via TV out? i have, the images flicker badly on screen, in both PAL and NTSC mode.

version 2.2i
under 2.0.0
on a sony tv capable of PAL and NTSC

this maybe by design?
you maybe don't care as most will NOT run in this mode, than that's fine, it's your baby:)
but i just thought i'd post and tell you.
that is all.

regards,

GaRy:)

ps did anyone mention this joystick is rubbish? :)

erikthecat posted on May 5 2006 at 08:55 PM said:
firstly, these are all very cool, a great package.

has anyone tried playing these via TV out? i have, the images flicker badly on screen, in both PAL and NTSC mode.

version 2.2i
under 2.0.0
on a sony tv capable of PAL and NTSC

this maybe by design?
you maybe don't care as most will NOT run in this mode, than that's fine, it's your baby:)
but i just thought i'd post and tell you.
that is all.

regards,

GaRy:)

ps did anyone mention this joystick is rubbish? :)
Well quiest doesnt actually do much to the screen. Its just that the Fenix Runtime obviosly doesnt work well with the TVout.

Back