Release The Mini Slug Project

New release on the repo !

Based on feedback, Clément has updated his source based and added an InGame Menu, to Pause & Quit ! Thanks to him  :)

v1.1.0.02

------------

• InGame Menu (triggered with "Start"), where you can pause or quit.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks to you for bringing it to the Pandora !

Btw. has anyone managed to beat this game ?

thanks to you for bringing it to the Pandora !

Btw. has anyone managed to beat this game ?
With 3 credits, I often go to mission 2 now. My son, with 3 credits, go the "squid" boss of mission 2 and beat it a few time...

Clément, the author, has beaten the game with 1 credit (it's the 1st hiscore in the Hall of fame). Not an easy game, that's for sure. (also, the submarine in level 2 is well hidden, you have to destroy some junk to see it).

Hi there,

@mcobit : No problem, I was just explaining why I haven't been able to do the machine gun shots. :)

@Strigoi : I love your avatar ! :D  

@thatgui : It was difficult to tune the difficulty because I made the game alone, so I knew where would the monsters be and how they would react (more or less). And I spend quite some playing while testing stuff. As a result, I ended up clearing the levels rather easily. I knew after a few months it would seem harder, I hope I didn't make it too difficult.

And finally @everyone : Thank you guys, it's nice to get some feedback. :wub:

Clément.

Press F1 at the title screen to switch between the different modes.
thanks, didn't know that
@thatgui : It was difficult to tune the difficulty because I made the game alone, so I knew where would the monsters be and how they would react (more or less). And I spend quite some playing while testing stuff. As a result, I ended up clearing the levels rather easily. I knew after a few months it would seem harder, I hope I didn't make it too difficult.
Altough I'm not a very good gamer I would deem some enemys a little too powerfull, especially the jellyfish - thing, in the second stage.

@Strigoi : I love your avatar ! :D
would someone care to enlighten me ?

Any way to get fullscreen? Great game!
About "Widescreen", we had some discution, but it needs quite a lot of modification, includings in some GFX. They are some levels that are disigned for 320 pixel wide, and adjustement would probably have to be done also on bosses, to make them "wakeup" at the right time... So, that's not easy, don't hold your breath on that.

^could just make a stretched mode, most people that fanatically hate those "black bars" on the sides are happy with fat characters and what not.

New version on the repo. Some ST Music has been carefully handselected by Clement and put in the game !

Time to go back to some Slug again (and don't forget you can choose Infinite Credit, with "F1", so you can try to finish the game).

v2.0.0.03

------------

• Musics ! Some sweet ST music now to accompany you during your journey.

New build on the repo. It's mainly repackaging (almost), to add Setup options

v2.0.0.04

------------

• Added Setup so you can redefine Controls, disable/enable Music or Switch Aspect ratio between Noaml and Fullscreen (Anamorphic here, too wide)
  • Activated VSync

Note that, when choosing "Wide" as aspect ratio, the game go FullScreen, but will be anamorphic, i.e. too wide. But as some as said before in this form (I think it was ZXDunny), some like it Fat  :p

Small update on the repo. Just for the NoMusic part, where it would hang at the end of 1st mission !

v2.0.0.05

------------

•  Corrected the nomusic executable (thanks Clément).

Update to the repo, with Compo4All ability !

Once you've created a Profile with Compo4All Mame, you will be abble to compete with other Pandora owner around the world on Mini Slug Project !

Don't forget: Compo4All Mame is here: http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=compo4all-skeezix-0001

And the web site with all score is here: http://c4a.openpandora.org/

v2.0.1.06
-----------

• Added C4A executable
  • Note that you must ave created a C4A Profile with Compo4All Mame first
  • No error message for now, all failure to upload score will be silent.
  • No Hiscore reading within the app, you must go to website to see leaderboard.

Have a nice Score ;)

Back