Release The Mini Slug Project

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
Find here The Mini Slug Project

It's a tribute to the Metal Slug Serie from Clément CORDE.

It is a game composed of 3 Missions (each mission divided into a number of levels). The first mission is similar to the serie, then it forks and offers some refreshing gameplay (find the submarine in mission two if you can!). But first mission alone will not be easy to complete !

Some more screenshot (from mission 1):  130117-120014.png130117-120034.png

https://www.youtube.com/embed/paIYMpkXgsQ?feature=oembed
  • Initial Release

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks awsome  absolutely love metal slug thanks ptitseb your the man. Downloading now and can't wait to play.

good boy, now I will test the game do not know if I come back fast to say what I thought of the game or get stuck in the game and answer tomorrow. :p

MarTinazzI

It's only on version v1.0.01 so that may soon ( with a lil luck of course ) may soon change .

So wonderful :) thank you! Will try it out now :) Only played "Metal Slug XX" (PSP) today, coincidentally!

Works for my cc Pandora, too.

Sadly it doesn't really feel like playing the original, don't know exactly why...

The sound ambience is clearly different from the original, the sounds from DooM are quite surprising at the beggining. But I still find the gameplay solid, and the difficulty is high, like the first original... Going to the end (and beating it) of Mission 1 is a challenge !

May be the "rotating gun" of the tank is a bit slower than the arcade, so it's a bit more difficult to shoot what is on the left of the screeN. I should check with arcade MS1 to see...

Another thing is, that the machinegun in the arcade version does diagonal shots, if you fire and change the direction on the dpad. Thats not the case here.

Ah yes, you are right. I just retested (gone to Mission 2 with 3 credits this time, I'm improving). Hum, have to look at this...

Hello,

mcobit said:

Another thing is, that the machinegun in the arcade version does diagonal shots, if you fire and change the direction on the dpad. Thats not the case here.
You're right. My problem was, I didn't find the sprites and/or I didn't understand how to use them. That is, I found some 45° shots with the shotgun, but not with the dual machine gun (which I was already using). I don't have the original ROM files (I had Mame a long time ago, but not anymore) to check or rip the needed graphics. Sorry about that.

The story is, at first, all I wanted to do was to code a little platformer (I hadn't for some time). Then I added more and more stuff (vehicles, sprites' rotozooming, more vehicles...). While making up the game, as I used Metal Slug graphics, I named it "Mini Slug". But I never intended to equal the original ! Who could anyway ? It's Metal Slug we're speaking about ! :) Plus, this game is a one man work...

So there it is : this game is my humble tribute to the MS's series. I know there is no added value, but I enjoyed making it. And I hope people will enjoy playing it anyway ! :)

Clément.

Don't get me wrong, I love this game and how advanced it is.

Let me rephrase my nagging:

As a 1:1 clone of the original MetalSlug, it is missing some features and doesn't have the same feel to it, but as a standalone game it provides a lot of fun with the beautiful MetalSlug graphicsset.

Impressive work.

One question: How can I go back to main menu / quit the game?

Impressive work.

One question: How can I go back to main menu / quit the game?
You can't for now. To quote the original author of this great game: "you don't quit from Arcade games" ! So, just lose ;-) ...

I may try to add some Pause / Quit later... I had some discution with Clément on this subject, there is some work to do to get this.

Back