Votes: 131 40.3%
  • Logo Nr. 3

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Logo Nr. 4

Votes: 131 40.3%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nr. 1 is way to simple and boring, could be anything and nothing. Nr.2 looks interesting and it is new for me, where did that come from? However, it does not really fit somehow. Nr. 3 just looks bad imho. So I vote for Nr. 4 especialy because it is an "dp" and can be read from top and down side, perfect for an lid-logo.

Logo and of course font still need some polishing but I'm sure we are on a good way with Nr. 4.

Yeah I voted for 4 as well, can't place it but number 2 just seems too sharp, rigid and sterile.

IMHO, I'd prefer half of the earlier logo suggestions instead of #2. I don't understand why so many people like it. Although I do like the font for "Pyra" used below it.

-God Ginrai
Same. I thought 1 would be close in the polls, not 2.

I still like this one from comradekingu

40J5CZj.png

I liked the whole  word ambigram versions myself - apparently those are off the table.

I voted for #4, but would prefer it if it didn't have any words on or around it.  Just one big symbol for the back of the device.

Then maybe emboss "DragonBox Pyra" into the left & right sides of the device?

40J5CZj.png
Please don't derail the thread like we did the other one. At least we are talking about the labels in this poll.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it will be on the lid, I think it is a big plus if the emblem is an ambigram (stays the same rotated 180  degrees). When the lid is closed and the front of the device faces you, the logo will have a different orientation than with the lid open.

So for this reason I like logo number 3 and 4. Between those two, I like 4 the most, because it spells d(ragonbox) P(yra).

However, there are variants on logo 4 that I like even more than the one shown here. For example, this one where the letters align to a circle:

post-3032-0-65573500-1392987157_thumb.png

or this one, which "has that infinity symbol likeness if you consider it a moebius-strip like object instead of dP or flames":

pyralogo20-sm-i.png
Changed my vote to 4. Would like it closer to above logo. More of a flame than a wisp.

40J5CZj.png
Please don't derail the thread like we did the other one. At least we are talking about the labels in this poll.
Did you conveniently forget derailing that thread made an impact that became decisivly important to how this poll is set up.

The design that came in after ED had picked his favs is also in the lead right now.

A thread derails for a reason, for good reason i might say.

Also the nr 2 option in this poll (dp) by binky came in after ED had picked a selection of, for lack of wanting to offend anyone, arent,

(with the exception of one), in this poll.

Option 1 here, the flame is a vastly different take on one of those earlier proposals, and came in later.

How come we haven't seen a design from traylorpark yet? I honestly don't feel good about voting on a logo knowing that traylorpark hasn't submitted a logo yet.

-God Ginrai

Damn I am tired of nonsense discussions. Firstly there is nowhere written that I want it. I said that "I prefer" it because I already know that this logos look like others. Secondly, YOU talked about flipping logos, I NEVER talked about flipping logos on this topic, so you should open a topic about flipping where you would compile all the post on the forum where someone talked about flipping.
So,you want one over the other.

I like I said, I made the assumption base on that post and your obvious distaste of vertical logos on the Pyra shown on this thread.

Anyway, this is really making a mountain out of a molehill.
Man, I don't care about your flipping shit, what I said in other thread don't concern this. You talked like I want to flip the logo, I told you that I never ask for it, so don't say that because you are wrong.

As I thought you don't know what "nonsense" mean, you have to know that "sense" isn't your opinion.
Link

Not sure where you getting this tribal sticker impression, vs all the other logos.
So what? Does it mean that it's a nonsense? You could ask me why, but you can't say that it's a nonsense, you don't even understand it.

For the first time you respond something which could be interesting. This isn't the n°4, it looks like a polecat tail, less elegant than n°4 but it would fit the lid better than n°4.
Oh, please. That logo came from n°4.
That logo isn't n°4. I talked about n°4.

So in your opinion all the vertical logos does not fit on horizontal, well why do you support n°4?
I guess you miss the (""). I was trying to express that all of them are vertical logos, so you

really can't use that as an argument for n°4 specifically.
That's not my opinion, you shouldn't put (""), you should quote me instead of saying nonsense, I'm going to quote it for you. You can't tell me what I have to use as argument since you're not even able to understand a whole sentence.

The worst point is n°4 is verticale while Pyra will be horizontale, n°2 is also verticale but it isn't symmetric and sharp on both sides, it's like you can lay it on, while n°4 look like you cut the lid in two. 

So n°4 would look unpleasant and agressive. Like a foreign stickers on the lid.

Love #4 so it gets my vote, exactly the sort of thing I was aiming for after stripping back all the madness and over-engineering. It's beautiful, if you can get over the negative connotations of those initials.

Mine ( the woefully unpopular #3 ) simply doesn't work at larger sizes or without colour, and the resemblance to the letters P and A, in retrospect, makes no sense.

2 is my favorite. I also would like to see what traylorpark would have come up with, but perhaps he just didn't have time.

How come we haven't seen a design from traylorpark yet? I honestly don't feel good about voting on a logo knowing that traylorpark hasn't submitted a logo yet.

-God Ginrai
I think we already have, and that he would do it in a way that you wouldnt know it was him, so as not to connotate his name with the merits of the logo.

I think we already have, and that he would do it in a way that you wouldnt know it was him, so as not to connotate his name with the merits of the logo.
Honestly, I don't believe that at all. None of the logos we have seen have exhibited the traits of traylorpark's design style. Also, I don't think that traylorpark would masquerade as another user. He's always just put his work out before, why would he care now?

-God Ginrai

The first logo post made by EvilDragon was in November. It has been 6 months since then with many posts keeping at least one of several discussions near the top of the list. 6 months with no post from traylorpark. Maybe he just doesn't want to.

The first logo post made by EvilDragon was in November. It has been 6 months since then with many posts keeping at least one of several discussions near the top of the list. 6 months with no post from traylorpark. Maybe he just doesn't want to.
Also, I'm in contact with Traylorpark (he designed the japanese boxart for the Pandora) and he might contribute something as well :)
-God Ginrai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back