Votes: 131 40.3%
  • Logo Nr. 3

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Logo Nr. 4

Votes: 131 40.3%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that Pyra isn't written on the back of the lid along with the logo.

Number 2 for me. I like the number 4 but I don't like "dragonbox", also it looks too agressive and a bit like tribal tatoo.

Once reworked, the 2 would be neat.
Why didn't you like "dragonbox"? It's the name of the thing. :lol:

Also, how does curves look more aggressive than shape angles?
"dragonbox", especially written with lowercase d is ugly.

It's not about angle or not, n°4 is sharp while n°2 is angular but rounded. The worst point is n°4 is verticale while Pyra will be horizontale, n°2 is also verticale but it isn't symmetric and sharp on both sides, it's like you can lay it on, while n°4 look like you cut the lid in two. 

So n°4 would look unpleasant and agressive. Like a foreign stickers on the lid.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it will be on the lid, I think it is a big plus if the emblem is an ambigram (stays the same rotated 180  degrees). When the lid is closed and the front of the device faces you, the logo will have a different orientation than with the lid open.

So for this reason I like logo number 3 and 4. Between those two, I like 4 the most, because it spells d(ragonbox) P(yra).

However, there are variants on logo 4 that I like even more than the one shown here. For example, this one where the letters align to a circle:

post-3032-0-65573500-1392987157_thumb.png

or this one, which "has that infinity symbol likeness if you consider it a moebius-strip like object instead of dP or flames":

pyralogo20-sm-i.png

... If you say so. Just think about it as two P's then.

It's not about angle or not, n°4 is sharp while n°2 is angular but rounded. The worst point is n°4 is verticale while Pyra will be horizontale, n°2 is also verticale but it isn't symmetric and sharp on both sides, it's like you can lay it on, while n°4 look like you cut the lid in two.

n°2 is as "sharp" as n°4. In fact it has more sharp points. Actually, n°4 is rounded. Are we looking at the same ones? lol That's not really a issue. Besides, the logo would look weird flip horizontal. n°2 looks like it been made by a box cutter. You'll lay on n°2 with all those points? Not that you should lay on n°4 being fire and all.

Also, what wrong with it being "aggressive"? The theme is Pyra. You know, fire.

Promise me the voting is just to gauge interest and not definitive.

Not a fan of #4. Looks like portuguese fusion restaurant sign. Like after I use my Pyra, I'll order a chicken with peri peri sauce. Also don't like centered circles.

#3 is a bit holistic healing looking to me, like one of those day spas you walk by when you're out shopping, or a logo for a healing centre.

Voted for #2, even though I probably should have voted for #1 =P. Trying my best to be impartial, I honestly think the first two look the best.

As a side note asymmetry is more interesting. While symmetry is ordered and even comforting, it's also predictable and mainstream. Asymmetry, by definition, lacks symmetry. It is characterized by imbalance and disorder, and this type of tension can be unsettling, but also profoundly interesting. Asymmetry tends to carry a kind of complexity that conveys emotion, from lighthearted and jovial to intense and moody, depending upon the execution.

We're pirates, indie devs, and niche loving outliers. Let's have a little disorder in our lives. /shamwow commercial

Not a fan of #4. Looks like portuguese fusion restaurant sign. Like after I use my Pyra, I'll order a chicken with peri peri sauce. Also don't like centered circles.
:lol:   Thanks. I needed that laugh. Coming now, that's a big stretch. Link Plus the "circle" is asymmetrical at least in this one.

As a side note asymmetry is more interesting. While symmetry is ordered and even comforting, it's also predictable and mainstream. Asymmetry, by definition, lacks symmetry. It is characterized by imbalance and disorder, and this type of tension can be unsettling, but also profoundly interesting. Asymmetry tends to carry a kind of complexity that conveys emotion, from lighthearted and jovial to intense and moody, depending upon the execution.
Malarkey.

We're pirates, indie devs, and niche loving outliers. Let's have a little disorder in our lives. /shamwow commercial
Link

n°2 is as "sharp" as n°4. In fact it has more sharp points. Actually, n°4 is rounded. Are we looking at the same ones? lol That's not really a issue. Besides, the logo would look weird flip horizontal. n°2 looks like it been made by a box cutter. You'll lay on n°2 with all those points? Not that you should lay on n°4 being fire and all.

:rolleyes:

Yeah "dragonbox" especially with d lowercase are very ugly. And I say that because some people want to use that d in official "dragonbox".

Besides, the logo would look weird flip horizontal.
Why? Beside no one asked for flipping the logo.

Firstly the theme isn't fire. Pyra wasn't chosen because it looks like Pyro. Secondly n°4 logo is aggressive for eyes, too light, unpleasant, it do not fit on that horizontale console. Like I said it would look like a sticker, a tribal sticker, pasted to personalize.

:rolleyes:
Lol

Sideways flame? If you could even still see it as a flame at that point. Also, the DP will be lost too.

I kind of assume since you think the logo should match position of the handheld and you did ask it to be turn in the other thread.

Actually, all the logos are vertical.

Firstly the theme isn't fire. Pyra wasn't chosen because it looks like Pyro. Secondly it's aggressive for eyes, too light, unpleasant, it do not fit on that horizontale console. Like I said it would look like a sticker, a tribal sticker, pasted to personalize.
1) Pyra (Pyrrha) has a connection with fire. 2) Adjustments on how thick or thin can be change.

Nonsense.

If I didn't know better, I would say there cheating going on in this poll. lol

I like this first drawing of 4 more than the style shown in the poll.
post-3032-0-65573500-1392987157_thumb.png
It's easier for me to connect with whatever I want.  It could be fire yes, or it could be a twist or a moon or an eye.  I think this is a logo lovely enough for even a company.  4 without this sharper style with a cleaner circle is nice too though.

Also, thanks Natsu, I wasn't aware someone continued that pirate animation for the whole song.

Sideways flame? If you could even still see it as a flame at that point.

I kind of assume since you think the logo should match position of the handheld and you did ask it to be turn in the other thread.

Actually, all the logos are vertical.
Wtf are you talking about? I already told you why n°2 and n°4 hasn't same issues even if it they are both vertical and YOU are the one who talked about flipping thoses logos, so please go talking about flipping logos with some people who are interested by that topic.

Firstly the theme isn't fire. Pyra wasn't chosen because it looks like Pyro. Secondly it's aggressive for eyes, too light, unpleasant, it do not fit on that horizontale console. Like I said it would look like a sticker, a tribal sticker, pasted to personalize.
1) Pyra (Pyrrha) has a connection with fire. 2) Adjustments on how thick or thin can be change.

Nonsense.
1/ According to wikipedia, Pyra was red haired so she here name look like πυρρός which mean: "flame coloured", "the colour of fire" or simply "red" or "reddish". We chose pyra because she was the daughter of Pandora, and she hasn't any connections with flames except the fact flames are sometimes red like her hairs. Well Pyra are a bit related to flame in greek and english, but the theme isn't flame.

2/Do you even know what nonsense mean?

I said n°4 on the lid is aggressive for eyes, too light, unpleasant, it do not fit on that horizontale console, it looks like a sticker, a tribal sticker, pasted to personalize.

Show me something which don't look like that or shut up forever.

1/ According to wikipedia, Pyra was red haired so she here name look like πυρρός which mean: "flame coloured", "the colour of fire" or simply "red" or "reddish". We chose pyra because she was the daughter of Pandora, and she hasn't any connections with flames except  her hair color. Well Pyra are a bit related to flame in greek and english, but the theme isn't flame.

I said n°4 on the lid is aggressive for eyes, too light, unpleasant, it do not fit on that horizontale console, it looks like a sticker, a tribal sticker, pasted to personalize.

Show me something which don't look like that or shut up forever.
Please excuse me, I think you'll be stronger later on if a couple things are pointed out, and I don't think Natsu is going to mention them.  We were all around when the name Pyra was chosen, and although most of the stated reasons for why people liked Pyra best were similar, everyone had their own reason for liking it.  That Pyra was the daughter of Pandora was certainly a perk passed around a lot, but it was not why everyone chose the name.  The most common reason I remember people giving for choosing it was that it sounds the coolest, another reason repeated many times was that it sounds like fire, symbolizes fire, and just plain has to do with fire.

You've very nicely described why you don't like the way logo 4 looks.  That's easy to understand and people who agree with you will probably be able to see where you're coming from.  But all of your reasoning is personal to you, and there is just as much reason for disagreeing with you.

Wtf are you talking about? I already told you why n°2 and n°4 hasn't same issues even if it they are both vertical and YOU are the one who talked about flipping thoses logos, so please go talking about flipping logos with some people who are interested by that topic.
So, you didn't ask. You actually just posted yourself.

Link

1/ According to wikipedia, Pyra was red haired so she here name look like πυρρός which mean: "flame coloured", "the colour of fire" or simply "red" or "reddish". We chose pyra because she was the daughter of Pandora, and she hasn't any connections with flames except the fact flames are sometimes red like her hairs. Well Pyra are a bit related to flame in greek and english, but the theme isn't flame.

2/Do you even know what nonsense mean?
Stop overcomplicating things. You know I was saying that logo was base of Pyra connection to fire.

Yes,

Like I said it would look like a sticker, a tribal sticker, pasted to personalize.
this is nonsense.

I said n°4 on the lid is aggressive for eyes, too light, unpleasant, it do not fit on that horizontale console,

Like I said you can make the P's thinner. I also post an alternative to this back there.
post-3032-0-85325600-1392987186_thumb.png

"Does not fit" on a horizontal console,like all the other ones?

shut up forever.
lol Woke up on the wrong side of the bad?

No. :p

@Tenka,

If Pyra wasn't the daughter of Pandora this name would never been chosen, I also vote for it because it sounds good, cool and I think I am the first who talked about the fact it's like Pyro but fire isn't the theme and even if it would, I don't care because that's change nothing on what I had to say about the n°4.

Stop overcomplicating things. You know I was saying that logo was base of Pyra connection to fire.
Huh? You don't even know what you said:

Like Pyra mean fire.

So, you didn't ask. You actually just posted yourself.
Link
Damn I am tired of nonsense discussions. Firstly there is nowhere written that I want it. I said that "I prefer" it because I already know that this logos look like others. Secondly, YOU talked about flipping logos, I NEVER talked about flipping logos on this topic, so you should open a topic about flipping where you would compile all the post on the forum where someone talked about flipping.

Yes,

Like I said it would look like a sticker, a tribal sticker, pasted to personalize.
this is nonsense.
As I thought you don't know what "nonsense" mean, you have to know that "sense" isn't your opinion.

"Does not fit" on a horizontal console,like all the other ones?
So in your opinion all the vertical logos does not fit on horizontal, well why do you support n°4?

Like I said you can make the P's thinner. I also post an alternative to this back there.
post-3032-0-85325600-1392987186_thumb.png
For the first time you respond something which could be interesting. This isn't the n°4, it looks like a polecat tail, less elegant than n°4 but it would fit the lid better than n°4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back