The Latest Wiz Form Factor (without The Right-hand D-pad)

skeezix

Internal Development
Website
www.codejedi.com
Others have received their dev units so its already a known, but I wanted to add my brief thought --

The latest revision of the Wiz is a really sharp little beast. Its small, but its a good feal (same as the previous dev units of course.) Good screen, pretty fast processor, etc and so on. With the new d-pad (they did redesign it on the left didn't they? It feels better!), and the new 4-button arrangement on the right ..

Its going to be a solid machine, definately a good evolution from the gp2x!

jeff

The ABXY buttons have a really nice inward-sloped shape that makes going from one to another very fast, and the dpad with pivot works nicely as well. Build quality feels well above the GP2X too, and although I think the GP2X was well made, you can really feel the difference :)

wizbuttons.jpg

(the new ABXY buttons)

wizwithsd.jpg

I find it better although my select button is faulty and jammed in. Looking forward to getting back home and getting my tools I need to open it up and fix it.

Yeah, it's tough to tell because the light's shining on it, but are the right buttons still joined in that picture or is that X-looking indent in the middle a button separator?

Does look good, and they tried to keep the buttons in symmetry with the d-pad which I do like. Typical shiny black=fingerprints.

Did you get you select button fixed Peter R? I hope that's not a result of poor build quality.

The right hand buttons are now completely separated. I've not had the sticky button thing on either of my Wiz-zes, and I haven't heard of anybody else having it either.

Back