Is It Me Or Is The Wiz Doomed

Why are there so many of these arguments? If you love the Dingoo so much then discuss it in the Dingoo section. Just be happy with what you purchased and call it good.

I'm glad the Dingoo is getting support. Open-handhelds and the future for them is very exciting to me. I hope that this phone convergence doesnt occur because I hate phones. For a phone I want the cheapest one I think can fall from a two story building and still work. I certainly don't want to buy two phones; one for a phone and another for gaming.

It will be interesting to see what will come next from the company that makes the Dingoo and I will definitely be watching.

I personally think the Wiz is the best purchase I've ever made in regards to electronic devices.

I don't know what the screen is like on the Dingoo but I was amazed by the Wiz's OLED screen. I know many talk about it but honestly it's hard to describe just how fantastic it is in my eyes anyway. You have to see it to appreciate it I think. Though for some this is not a big deal, for me it lends something to playing the old systems on the Wiz, especially MAME. The screen tearing that so many can't stand has zero impact on me, I barely even notice it.

I bought the Wiz for it's Amiga, Atari ST, MAME and C64 emulation and I am more then happy with my purchase. I was surprisingly happy how the over-clocked Wiz handled some of my favorite Amiga games. The bonus was getting zx-81's incredible emulators ported.

Until the Dingoo gets Amiga and Atari ST and maybe MESS or something the Wiz can't do, I am sticking with the Wiz. After the initial B button problems, I find the Wiz controls are very good, as good as my Nintendo DS or GBA, which is fine by me. I know many people seem to have trouble but I have no real problems.

So in short I am more then happy with the Wiz. Best handheld I've ever owned. If the Dingoo ends up doing something the Wiz can't, like say Linux Diablo or something I might grab one next year. For now the screen plus Amiga, Atari ST and more obscure old computer emulators make it a win for the Wiz but honestly who cares? Just be happy with your handheld.

This is just my opinion and I hope that the Dingoo continues to get better support, just as I hope that the Wiz does. Options are great.

"Is It Me Or Is The Wiz Doomed" == "Is it me, or is it the Wiz which is doomed?"

You, the second coming will soon be upon us.

Back