The Last Appstore Thread

The top candidates

• Total voters

BaDToaD said:
App market? Appmart? I still like appbox though it's short and sweet.

And if anyone else mentions APP = Apple I'll shoot them. I was calling Programs apps 20 years ago!

+1 App = Application. If you at all think it's too Apple, maybe you should stop playing with your iPhone before u speak

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a little shocked that more people didn't pick AppHole. I think it's the perfect name: it has the word 'app' in it, and yet it's a name that no commercial company could (or would) ever use. It also reminds me of the Simpsons ('car hole').

i like the classical "Pandora File Archive", but as it's for apps only, maybe "Pandora Apps Archive" or "Pandora PND Archive", as everything will come as a pnd file, won't they?

Man if the store is called anything involving the word Box, I'm pulling support :lol:

Looking for something? Why don't you check inside ...

thebox_web.jpg

Why do people keep talking about "the box"? I mean, read the thread please:

Trevsweb said:
im all for democracy but craig and i hate the box.
its irrelivant and doesnt describe at all what the site is about. some loose connection to pandoras box is a bit naff
Seriously... to perform the same action but expect a different result it lunacy.

BackAssward said:
Why do people keep talking about "the box"? I mean, read the thread please:

Trevsweb said:
im all for democracy but craig and i hate the box.
its irrelivant and doesnt describe at all what the site is about. some loose connection to pandoras box is a bit naff
Seriously... to perform the same action but expect a different result it lunacy.

it's kinda catchy ... but I'm sure there is something better out there.

@BackAssward : Looks like only a few really read what the other posts.

Naming it "The Box" would be like naming it "The Thingy" or "The Stuff"...
Reference to Pandora's box, is ok. But it's not enough to be a good name on it's own.

craigix said:
I don't like 'the box' much, but maybe 'TheAppBox'.

TheAppBox is quite alright IMO. Definitely better than Appstore. Actually I don't think anything with "store" in it is a good idea.

pndVault
.com

This is the most unique and the most clever idea so far. And yes, it's my idea so it's therefor the best automatically

r00tw00t said:
This is the most unique and the most clever idea so far. And yes, it's my idea so it's therefor the best automatically
You think that is unique and clever? Please don't go into marketing...

cowai said:
Sorry, but the "the Box" sounds just right. "TheAppBox" sucks imho.

"The box" sounds too Pandora only. Remember this will eventually be for Wiz, Dingoo etc too.

"The Appbox" on the other hand sounds like somewhere to go grab apps for any device while still having box in it's name to appease Pandora Fans...

BackAssward said:
You think that is unique and clever? Please don't go into marketing...

I take it you are into marketing? Good.
Instead of complaining why don't you show us your contribution instead of your non-constructive criticism.

Back