The Last Appstore Thread

The top candidates

• Total voters

WizardStan said:
So, 10 pages later, are you any closer to actually picking a name? :p
No, and we're not really trying, we just throw a bunch of names that we personally like and don't care about what the others are saying... And that's fun :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Username said:
MDave said:
Anesidora
I like it. Maybe not self-explanatory, but still a good name.

I like it too. In general the Greek mythological association names sit well with me, but I like this one in particular.

In some versions of the story, Hermes is the one who gives Pandora the "box" (jar).

If we use Kangal's criterion, which options come out on top? I think only one of them gets a perfect score.

I think "pandoraVault" is also a great name :p
it's funny if we use this, because I own the domain "www.pandoravault.de"

--
Maybe Acropolis is great too :)

If it will be for Wiz and Dingoo too then not put text like "pnd", "pandora" in this store name.

If pnd support for Wiz and Dingoo will be expected then "pnd" in name is good.

I think that Anesidora, Hermes or some other Greek mythology connection is nice. But it can be as simple as "Open[Pnd]Vault" or so.

This is purple tentacle from Maniac Mansion and Day of the tentacle, two of the best point and click games ever!
And I think the sprite is from the latter.
Purple tentacle only appeared as bonus in zombies ate my neighbours

dude thats cool! i never knew they where from another game. best game ever. i like the sega ver better because of the map setup but the music was worse.

KodeIn said:
This is purple tentacle from Maniac Mansion and Day of the tentacle, two of the best point and click games ever!
And I think the sprite is from the latter.
Purple tentacle only appeared as bonus in zombies ate my neighbours
You are right.
It's Purple Tentacle from Dott ;)

Back