• I dont have a GP32.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm not getting a GPx2.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Delsabre

Website
nuqlear.com
The GPx2 will doubtlessly steal away the GP32's scene.

So, what will you do with your GP32 once you get a GPx2 (or XGP)?

I think mine will become a desk ornament, I'll never get rid of it :p

Are you kidding? fDay still hasn't happened. My GP got a good long while for I could think about it being replaced. Also, the emulators won't all automatically be there when gpx2 is released (even if some are..), so we also have to wait for those to be developed.

I'm sure that in time the gpx2 will surpass the gp32, but that's a ways off. And even after that, I'm keeping my GP32. I don't sell my systems, and this one has too many happy memories attached to it...

I love my gp32. :wub:

waiting to see what the ninja can do.. and what will happen regarding this gp32x.
when i do get a replacement, gp32 will become new 'bog console :)' and game gear will collect dust.

nothing like having a couple of matches on fatal fury whilst having a shit :p

shinneri posted on Jul 31 2005 at 10:49 PM said:
I love my gp32. :wub:

word. This poorly built obscure korean handheld will always be a part of my collection. Personaly, I don't see myself getting an gpx2 anytime soon (maybe a year if it turns out to have good emus and inherits the gp's excellent homebrew scene). Even if I were, there's no way I'd ever ger rid of my gp; it's something i can/will always come back too.

and shinneri brings up a great point- fday is coming... :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm gonna keep playing mine until it becomes truly obsolete. If I have NES, Genesis, a few MP3s and NSF files on my GP32, then I can put SNES, movies, and whatever else I want on the GPX2 to save space on both of them. That will give me extra space for stuff on both of them. If I ever do stop playing my GP32, it will be put back in its box and rest in peace until I hand it down to my kids or grandkids, if I ever actually have either of them. I want them to experience the great games I did while growing up. Things have already changed radically from when I was born, and I'm only 19 years old. I can't even imagine how much things will change over the next 60 years. The story of Chrono Trigger MUST be retold to the next generation. I'm going to do everything in my power to make sure that it happens. Even if the GP32 breaks, I'm still gonna hold onto it as a reminder of the greatness that once came from Korea.

Since (as far as I understand) there is no direct compatibility between the GP32 and any of its "successors", I won't buy any of them any time soon. Which means I will be playing the GP32 for a long time.
The GPX2 has a fantastic design!!! But no direct compatibility with the GP32? What a bummer!!!

Just a warning but don't be so sure that the GPX2 will have immediate results. Does anyone remember the whole Zodiac fiasco? Everyone kept saying that all of the GP32 devs were jumping ship, that the Zodiac was the new open handheld. That never really happened. Hopefully, this is enough of a generation leap to constitute a real transition of the scene.

Yes! Your GP32 is now obsolete! Now sell me your Blu dirt cheap while you still can get ANY $ for it ! :D

My take: that of an old fogie.

What exactly will we be trying to emulate? PS1? N64?
Laaaaaaame........ imagine how long that'll take to get working. And those huuuge images.

And won't it take like 4 years (as it has with the GP) to get nice stable emulators? Soooo, are ya'll willing to wait till mebee 2009 'till you get to the point we're all at now?

Not that I'd not own one in a heartbeat... point being I came in to the GP scene late ('04) and it's obvious it's the time to have one, what with perfect genesis, damn fine mame, near-perfect ST, etc.
As always, any machinery comes into it's own in it's 3rd or 4th year of development (look at PS1 games around '98/'99 or PS2 games now). Personally, I'll enjoy what we have now, and maybe in a few years I'll upgrade.

If they actually make the thing.

Well when every last emulator, including the obscure ones like Lynx, and HB game gets ported over to the new GPx2, and at the same level of quality, then I will put the GP32 BLU in mothballs. Since that is not likely to happen for a very long time, if ever, I will keep and use the GP32.

If the new one was backward compatible then the GP32 would truly be obsolete. Since it isn't I can see using it for a long while yet. So I don't see this GPx2 as a replacement but more of a companion to the GP32.

As much as I anticipate the X2 to be darn cool and see a lot of homebrew support I see no reason to dump my GP32 anytime soon it still does lots of things I'm not interested in doing with my PSP or GBASP. But on top of that it'd be very hard to dump them on ebay anyway unless you just want to loose a wad of cash. A couple of months after the new one drops you'll be lucky to get 50 bucks USD.

I'v only just got my Gp32 so I'm not going to stop using it any time soon.

The GP32 will still be around for a while, especally now since when the GpX2 comes out the GP32 will really go down in price. Did Tv kill the radio? Nope, the same will happen with the Gp32 it is a classic and will always be a classic...

gpx2, little i have read abotu it, looks liek it could be real nice. but for the amount of actual playtime i'd enjoy with it, my money would best be spent elsewhere/saved in the near future.

gp32 FLU model currently does way more than I will ever need it to do (and actually want to do as well). I have hard enough of a time convincing myself to upgrade to a blu, and believe me.. i'd love to.

if x2 has really sweet mame/snes on it someday, plus at least matches/exceeds current capabilities of gp32, then I will definitely consider it. for the time being, and next year or two, I am more thn satisfied with what I got...

Magus 86 posted on Aug 1 2005 at 03:49 AM said:
I'm gonna keep playing mine until it becomes truly obsolete. If I have NES, Genesis, a few MP3s and NSF files on my GP32, then I can put SNES, movies, and whatever else I want on the GPX2 to save space on both of them. That will give me extra space for stuff on both of them. If I ever do stop playing my GP32, it will be put back in its box and rest in peace until I hand it down to my kids or grandkids, if I ever actually have either of them. I want them to experience the great games I did while growing up. Things have already changed radically from when I was born, and I'm only 19 years old. I can't even imagine how much things will change over the next 60 years. The story of Chrono Trigger MUST be retold to the next generation. I'm going to do everything in my power to make sure that it happens. Even if the GP32 breaks, I'm still gonna hold onto it as a reminder of the greatness that once came from Korea.

haha, i'm 19 also. i always think that way about my old games stuff too :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have only had mine since xmas . I fondly imagine that I will keep it and always use it but know in reality it will gather dust. The backbone of the open source community are the devvers. I can't imagine Rlyeh et al will hang around if they have a new challenge - what incentive do they have in a community that has to resort to 'click for devs' to reward them. There is only the challenge and the kudos and that lies in mastering the next open source device. R.I.P. GP32.

My GP has already been collecting dust for months now. Lousy non-lit model that refuses to clock past 144. When I gave it a paint job I smudged the shit out of the screen and I just can't get it clean. The joysticks diagonals are going out and, because of the first time I opened it and put it back together, it's too much of a bitch to take apart again to do any sort of joystick fix. Overall, it's pretty fucked. I'd like to get a BLU cheap, but I just don't have the money now, and by the time I do have the money, I'd rather just spend it on a GPX2 and watch the scene develop. Being around when the GP32 scene was steadily developing was half the excitement of owning one.

I shan't be getting a GPx2 for a while, but when I'll use it for everything that the GPx2 can't do.

Eventually I'll probably just give it to my brother or something. It won't make enough money on Ebay anyway.

Officially obsolete?
Oh, I'll throw mine away now then... :rolleyes:

I'm far from convinced that the GPx2 is worth paying for. There are still some applications I'm waiting for on the GP32 (fDay for example) and at this moment in time, there is nothing I desire that I cannot run on the GP32 anyway.

Back