Release The Dosbox Thread

yonder711 said:
Question though, on the Pandora projects page it has Dosbox listed for Zodttd. Have we heard about any progress on this version?
[Zodttd->DOSbox]
No, we haven't. I don't think its a priority for ZodTTD (same with N64 emulator), and it doesn't matter because Pickle, wo did the DOSbox for GP2x has already done alot of work on the Pandora one, as this thread indicates.

Syndicate Plus will be an ace game to get running on DOSBox, ahh those were the days playing it on the A500 :D many, many hours spent playing that in a dark room, EA (Bullfrog sold the rights to them i think) sould really make a new one :wacko:

Please EA :wink:

Hey Pickle, any idea what the keycodes will be for the port? I can finally update the Dosbox config tool for gp2x and pandora mix.

Thanks!

Noisome

Hmmm I don't know about Theme Park. I seem to remember it needing a 486 to run properly?

Fear not, however. There are versions of Theme Park available for the Amiga and Megadrive. Both of which should work fine on Pandy.

With the keyboard, I will fancy enjoying quite a few text based games. Rockstar comes to mind.

noisome said:
Hey Pickle, any idea what the keycodes will be for the port? I can finally update the Dosbox config tool for gp2x and pandora mix.
Noisome

Streak is also working on getting a config utility up and running. The keycode hack is actually not needed, to my shock dosbox has the ability to map joystick to dosbox keys for a while. So no hack for pandora.

Just as a note, im going back to gp32x.de. I doubt I will check many threads in this forum much.

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG did EA look at my post or just coisidence but rumor has it EA are working on another synicate :D
there has allready been a few attempts at this but nothing relesed, hmm makes me wonder if it will be from scrach or working on revived materal (unreleased PS2 game).

Better not get me hopes up it's just rumor after all but I can Imagine there's a few synicate :ph34r: fans on the forum :)

Hmmm, I feel there is a high chance DosBox Mugen would work. :oops:
I'm not a fan of mugen for a long time, because of the ugly balancing issues, but this might bring me back. :lol:

Would the DOS-box emulation be strong enough to run the old Tomb Raider (the first one) ? Or is this not possible?

I can't answer your question regarding DOSBox, but I think there exists a PSX version of Tomb Raider, that you could play on PSX4Pandora.

Yes, PlayStation Tomb Raider was probably the biggest-selling game of 1996. I hated the controls even then.

^^ Can't wait!!! Here is my list of games that I can think off of the top of my head:

Red Alert 1
Raptor: Call of the Shadows (For you guys that know it .. BOO YEA!)
Death Rally
Wacky Wheels
Jazz Jack Rabbit
Doom
C-Dogs
Jump n' Bump
Pac Man
Grand Theft Auto 1
Duke Nukem 3D
Sky Roads
Boppin'
Liero
Terminal Velocity
Wacky Wheels

Now these...are what I call Triple A titles.

If you could do like absolutely everything you can to get Master of Magic running as fast as you can, You will forever be loved <3

Back