The Cradle

Thanks for the tip Squidge :)
Is this the correct link?

Fraid I haven't tried the cradle. I've learned the hard way that my univeral adaptor doesn't really say which way it is polarised, so I dont want to fry the cradle, and I wouldn't know which way it is even if it worked :(

I was about to ask you guys what kind of adapter to use for the cradle center positive, or center negative. I got a 5V 2A adapter for a USB hub but the head connector is too small so i'm going to get a bigger connector and splice that on to it but not sure the polarity of the thing but that can be easily changed when adding the new head I guess?

Well no one writes here about an adapter's polarity of jack for many days, so I state:

Jack of the adaptor to power the cradle must be CENTER POSITIVE.

I did try this with the cradle with '2X sticked in & powered, so cradle's power LED which had have glowed have dimmed out when I have stuck center negative jack in :blink: ; just to be sure I repeated this twice more (this time without '2X stuck) :lol: and LED stayed dark. Then I changed poles and everything's OK, LED have lighted up. My cradle survived this triple murder trial :rolleyes:

I have a problem with the audio output of the cradle. Whenever I have a USB device plugged into any of its ports, a staticy sound can be heard. How do I fix it?

Squidge said:
Godmil said:
Ha! In a weird twist of fate, I accidently just plugged a powersupply into my gp2x with the wrong polarity and fried it!

:.(

oh well, guess I'll just have to buy another one, and the cradle will have to wait.
A reverse polarity fried GP2X is easy enough to fix - check the Wiki and buy yourself a soldering iron if you don't have one already.

You do need to have some skills with soldering, but a soldering iron is about $8 at radio Shack, if you are playing with surface-mount components then you want the 15watt. And some de-soldering wick and extra fine solder.

I normally would agree wholeheartedly that you could fix it yourself, but I just finished fixing a nearly ruined GP2X, all 4 solder pads for the headphone jack had been burnt clean off the board, I had to use wrapping wire to re-connect the entire jack.

Not only that, there was a cracked coil, 2 torn off capacitors, and someone had thought it a good idea to add enough solder to short the USB mini-B ground tabs into all the circuits within 6mm.

I just googled the wiki for 10 minutes, where exactly on the wiki is this information? I can solder the component in question, but I can't find the info you are alluding to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back