Caanoo / WIZ Wiz Jtag

yoku

Still Fresh
Is it possible to flash WIZ devices using GP2x F-200 Breakout board (http://gp2x.co.uk/gp2xbreakoutboard.html) ?

No.

You don't need JTAG to recover a bricked Wiz, it can be done over serial which is much more reliable but needs a different board to the GP2X one. There is JTAG available though if you want it for debugging.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks.

Can you please tell me where to obtain JTAG and serial board for wiz ?

Basically I want to have access to u-boot command prompt, so that I could upload new kernel image
see the kernel booting messages and get shell prompt.
I guess it will be possible using serial board ?

'Orkie' said:
No.

You don't need JTAG to recover a bricked Wiz, it can be done over serial which is much more reliable but needs a different board to the GP2X one. There is JTAG available though if you want it for debugging.

'yoku' said:
Can you please tell me where to obtain JTAG and serial board for wiz ?

GPH are the only people at the minute you can get one from, and I don't think you can buy one. They are typically bundled with prototype Wiz units.
'yoku' said:
Basically I want to have access to u-boot command prompt, so that I could upload new kernel image
There's no need for a dev board in that case, you can update new kernel image by putting it on an sd card and press the kernel update key sequence on powerup.
'yoku' said:
see the kernel booting messages and get shell prompt. I guess it will be possible using serial board ?
Yes, that is possible using serial board.

It should be possible to flash a new kernel from within Linux with a USB connection, so long as USB ethernet works okay.

Back