The Cradle

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by craigix, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Godmil

Godmil Active Member

Thanks for the tip Squidge :)
    Is this the correct link?

Fraid I haven't tried the cradle. I've learned the hard way that my univeral adaptor doesn't really say which way it is polarised, so I dont want to fry the cradle, and I wouldn't know which way it is even if it worked :(

2. DBH

DBH Member

I was about to ask you guys what kind of adapter to use for the cradle center positive, or center negative. I got a 5V 2A adapter for a USB hub but the head connector is too small so i'm going to get a bigger connector and splice that on to it but not sure the polarity of the thing but that can be easily changed when adding the new head I guess?

3. DBH

DBH Member

Anyone?? I'm going to get my adapter spliced today so I'd like to know! Common!

4. cochee

cochee Still Fresh

Well no one writes here about an adapter's polarity of jack for many days, so I state:

Jack of the adaptor to power the cradle must be CENTER POSITIVE.

I did try this with the cradle with '2X sticked in & powered, so cradle's power LED which had have glowed have dimmed out when I have stuck center negative jack in :blink: ; just to be sure I repeated this twice more (this time without '2X stuck) :lol: and LED stayed dark. Then I changed poles and everything's OK, LED have lighted up. My cradle survived this triple murder trial :rolleyes:

5. Zero3K

Zero3K Active Member

I have a problem with the audio output of the cradle. Whenever I have a USB device plugged into any of its ports, a staticy sound can be heard. How do I fix it?

6. nubie

nubie Recovering Jerk-A-Holic

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2015
  7. Miika

Miika Only Amiga makes it possible

I think it's this: http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/External_power_supply
    I remember to have read it long time ago :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2015