The Cradle

ruckage said:
Nova said:
To be honest, a lot of us support Craig. He's hard working and a good man, and if we got the choice between you both, he'd win hands down. And you seem like an arsehole, so why not exercise your legal right and sue me for slander?
The way retro-haven put foward his frustration may have been inappropriate but your response is equally bad and likely to start a flame war. As much as I have been happy with the service I've received from gp2x.co.uk in the past (everything I've ordered has arrived quickly and the staff are helpful) I think retro-haven has a right to be annoyed at the fact that they stated the cradle was in-stock before the item was even released.

Craig is in constant contact with GPH, how do you know he doesn't have some in stock?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nova: Theres little need to call me an arsehole and personalise the whole issue. You base that on no knowledge of me at all barring my post here, to be honest it sounds like you are angrier than me.
The point you raise about comparing me to Craig is totally spurious, I didn't attack the guy at all I just vented my frustration with the situation at a company regarding my order as I have every right to do.

The point remains that the advertising is false and I have yet to hear anything regarding my order despite approaching them.

I'm sorry if you feel it was inapproriate but having no joy in dealing with the matter in private I just put it in a public forum.

retro-haven said:
I see in other threads that this might not be all its advertised to be. I WILL excercise my consumer rights if it isn't.

I ordered 4 days ago under the fact that the gp2x store in the UK claimed to have them in stock and them ready to send. If I don't have confirmation or dialogue initiated by the seller over the weekend then I'll just cancel my order and go elsewhere at another time. I don't give a flying F*** if an item is not yet available - just don't lie to me and tell me it is. You try and support a UK business by paying a more than you could by using a foreign source and still you get shafted, well to those in charge f**k you, i'd rather import.

PS. it'd probably go a long way if the UK GP2x store actually stuck their heads above the parapitt and owned up to a cock up and bad advertising.
This shit happens but there's no need to get agressive over it yeah I'm pissed as well but I did get two confirmation emails that it was delayed with an apology so it isn't like they've kept me in the dark, but I do like how they don't reply when I said I want it for the cheaper price after they drop the price a day after I ordered it <_<

EDIT: What's this about removing the EXT rubber connector?? better not have to that is complete rubbish if that's the case to get it to fit properly. :angry:

DBH said:
EDIT: What's this about removing the EXT rubber connector?? better not have to that is complete rubbish if that's the case to get it to fit properly. :angry:
Plastic cover : I tried to flip it, strech it, roll it and fold it, but the only way I could get the GP2X to sit nicely was to remove it altogether. ;)

jp

jenfil said:
DBH said:
Plastic cover : I tried to flip it, strech it, roll it and fold it, but the only way I could get the GP2X to sit nicely was to remove it altogether. ;)

jp

but now you got a EXT coverless GP2X?? :( it's like walking around with your fly(zip) undone.

Nova said:
Craig is in constant contact with GPH, how do you know he doesn't have some in stock?
Well he will have it in stock now as its released, however it was advertised as in-stock on 21/04/07 which is about a week before it was released. Considering he said he didn't even know the price of it 2 days before that it leads me to assume he couldn't have possibly had them in-stock. It should have been advertised as a pre-order which is exactly what other stores did. Anyway this is a mute point now as it's released so anyone who's ordered should get them soon.

DBH said:
but now you got a EXT coverless GP2X?? :( it's like walking around with your fly(zip) undone.
Use your brain. of course you can keep the rubber and put it on whenever you want. You just cut the thing it's connected to the GP2X on.

Miika said:
DBH said:
Use your brain. of course you can keep the rubber and put it on whenever you want. You just cut the thing it's connected to the GP2X on.

obviously but it's not wanting to do that, I might put it down somewhere and lose it :p

DBH said:
Miika said:
DBH said:

obviously but it's not wanting to do that, I might put it down somewhere and lose it :p

im not keen on cuttin it off either its just not right and i would deffinately loose it

Another design issue : when the GP2X sits in the cradle, the power switch and the USB port are out of reach!

See:

gp2x_cradle_left.jpg

gp2x_cradle_right.jpg

OK, maybe the power can be switched on: I just can't believe they haven't thought of this.

jp

So they release the same case design as the rendering that was shown all those months ago, and didn't even bother to fix these basic usability issues? That's just idiotic, and taking their customers for granted.

You really have to cut the rubber ext-port protection to fit the GP2X in the BoB? That's a joke right? :huh:
How can it be, that GPH had so many Time to develop the case and could not see such Design problems? If it's true I really want to know what kind of people are these GPH jerks. :lol: Even an Child would see this Design flaws so I really wonder, whats going on here. ^^"

You shouldn't need to use the small USB port on the side anyway while it's docked, but it wouldn't have been too hard for them to put a gap in the plastic there.. would it?
They could be future proofing the cradle for the next version of hand held of course ;)

Tripmonkey_uk said:
They could be future proofing the cradle for the next version of hand held of course ;)
That totally sounds like them :rolleyes:

Alex. said:
Tripmonkey_uk said:
That totally sounds like them :rolleyes:

Well I have to try thinking positively..
If they're not future proofing, then it's really worrying that they made such simple mistakes as these :(

Back