The Cradle

Zeladin said:
The gp2x MK2 will also be powered up by that. - quoted from www.gp2x.de
Aarrgghh! So much differing information.
So the cradle will power the gp2x (but only Mk2) ??? :blink:

I'll be waiting until people buy the initial ones methinks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfathomable Depths said:
Any chance of come clarification from Craigx or EvilDragon on this?

Im buying it if it powers the GP2X (I have a Mk2)
http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/EXT_Port - looks like the answer is no, the gp2x mk2 outputs 5v from the ext port, so where could it possibly draw power from? Maybe this means the Gp2X Mk2 can power the bob, but not vice versa.

Maybe this means the Gp2X Mk2 can power the bob, but not vice versa

I'd not want to stick 5V into my GP2X ;)

just did the usb mod on my gp2x today (USB host connector at the top left corner). I also gave it a power input at the bottom. If anyone knows how to mod it so that tvout comes from where the headphones are currently connected, then there will be no use for the cradle for most people.

pcklee123 said:
just did the usb mod on my gp2x today (USB host connector at the top left corner). I also gave it a power input at the bottom. If anyone knows how to mod it so that tvout comes from where the headphones are currently connected, then there will be no use for the cradle for most people.
Are you thinking of replacing the er three pole jack socket? with a four pole jack for the video out? IE, L, R, Video, Gnd? That could work/ be quite cool, still I'd prefer not messing around with a load of cables... on the other there's 75E...

so does anyone actually have this yet? I want to see nice resolution clear pics of it, also does it have that good "click" feel when it slot's in or is it loose and flails around?

Paradox said:
so does anyone actually have this yet? I want to see nice resolution clear pics of it, also does it have that good "click" feel when it slot's in or is it loose and flails around?
It's not released yet. Possibly due for release 27/4/07 or the 1/05/07 depending where you look, so just a few days to go.

ruckage said:
Paradox said:
It's not released yet. Possibly due for release 27/4/07 or the 1/05/07 depending where you look, so just a few days to go.

<rant>
It's a bit of a jip really, Craig's site says in stock now so I ordered one on monday and I still ain't got it or a mail saying when I will get it. Luckily ED's got my 2x for a joypad mod, and my other 2x is bricked :(, but that's not the point.
</rant>

I know thats exactly what I'm annoyed about as well. Oh btw... found a perfect keyboard for the GP2X and cradle its so small but still very functional

a56fb_with-hand.jpg

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo...roductID=170467

saboteur said:
<rant>
It's a bit of a jip really, Craig's site says in stock now so I ordered one on monday and I still ain't got it or a mail saying when I will get it. Luckily ED's got my 2x for a joypad mod, and my other 2x is bricked :(, but that's not the point.
</rant>
Must admit I thought that was very underhanded. No other site has said they have stock just that its due for release with some offering pre-orders. No telling yet whether that date will slip either (though I hope not as I really want one.)

On readng this thread I find I'm not alone in my irritation that the GP2X shop in the UK says they have an item available and allow you to order it when its not even released.

I say free next day shipping for all that ordered already under as a courtesy. At the very least refund the poor guys that shelled out for next day delivery!

while I'm at it... how about this compact half-keyboard http://www.matias.ca/halfkeyboard/index.php you hold space to get at the other half of the KB.

Back