The Cradle

Yes, there are already some people using USB-Wifi adapters.. You just need a driver for it.

i dont see a problem bundling the adapters, the 2x adapter sold on play-asia is fine (110v-240v) comes with a euro plug so i just swapped it for an old Xbox 2pin cable (ps2 uses the same one)

what uk standard do these adapters not conform to ?

Will this work unpowered if the devices you are using dont require power like usb gamepads and tv out.

Why does gp2xstore show the price, and a 3V adapter requirement?

Shifty said:
http://gpnewbie.com/gp2x/media/bob2_sm.jpg :unsure: http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/9332/ld...hot10qz6.th.png

Hmm..Well If they both do the same thing then I'm okay with sticking to Telcolou's homeade cradle... but the thing still hasn't come yet! :-||

:lol: Thanks for that comment :D

This looks pretty damn cool though, especially since the EXT plug sits neatly inside the cradle (my design will have one plug inserted into the left side, turning upward by 90 degrees, then back into the lower section, up into the cradle where the 2nd plug inserts into the '2X. It won't look too shabby though (I hope ... :unsure: )

One plus that my desgin has (thanks to my Wife's clever input) is a nice, wide base. My original design was more utilitarian and brick-looking. She suggested the nice slopes, and transitions. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Only first edition Gp2x units need an AC adapter to power the cradle. You also need to use an AC adapter if you are using heavy USB devices like a HDD but using a USB controller or keyboard doesn't require it.

Jr2swiss said:
Only first edition Gp2x units need an AC adapter to power the cradle. You also need to use an AC adapter if you are using heavy USB devices like a HDD but using a USB controller or keyboard doesn't require it.
Uh huh. So you DO run gp2xstore.

Ok, where did you get your pricing info?
Why does your site say 3v when craig's advert flyer says 5v/3A?

I really don't feel like blowing up my new toy ...

I changed the information to 5v/3A which it should be. Sorry for the misinformation.

They released pricing terms for the cradle to me. You have no idea how many times i've bugged Gamepark Holdings about the cradle. ;)

This is awesome, I've been thinking about buying a developer board, but think I will hold out for this! I'll be highly anticipating it!

TelcoLou said:
This looks pretty damn cool though, especially since the EXT plug sits neatly inside the cradle (my design will have one plug inserted into the left side, turning upward by 90 degrees, then back into the lower section, up into the cradle where the 2nd plug inserts into the '2X. It won't look too shabby though (I hope ... :unsure: )
Oh yeah about that...The cord that connects the GP to the BOB is really thick and im not so sure if its long enough to reach! :eek: Do any of you know where a thiner, flexier, and longer cord is that has the same connections as the one that comes with the original breakout-board? I can't seem to find it.
icon2.gif

Samba Pa Ti said:
i dont see a problem bundling the adapters, the 2x adapter sold on play-asia is fine (110v-240v) comes with a euro plug so i just swapped it for an old Xbox 2pin cable (ps2 uses the same one)

what uk standard do these adapters not conform to ?
That's quitee possibly because Play-Asia doesn't have to conform to british trade standards, eh? ;)

If you sell something in one country that doesn't conform to that countrys trade standards, you'll have all sorts of very official organisations on your head in no time. Play-Asia can do it because they sell a power adapter suitable for the country they're based in (I suppose), and they can't be held responsible what all these private importing people are up to. GPH could do the same if they only sold them mail order from Korea.

Now, ask yourself: What do you prefer - To have to buy a separate adapter, or to have the people at GPH responsible for receiving and handling the orders of everyone who wants a BOB? :D

Moxie said:
well obviously id rather buy from a trusted seller, but not play-asia, last time i bought somthing (gp2x adapter) they put a usb>DS charger in the package as well...

bit of a pain when they cant get a simple order right.

These pics have been floatingaround for at least 2-3 weeks now, now to take the wind out of craigxs announcement. I was looking at this http://www.gpnewbie.com/gp2x/media/bob1.jpg at least that long ago.

As for those with the dev bob you could purchase or request an eclosure from these guys www.pactecenclosures.com Thats what I did for my bob I'm designing. It is even molded for options with either AA or 9 volt battery holders.

I have my hard disk and usb hub but ran into an issue with the e810 cable that I purchased on ebay as it was from a seller in china... Not to generalize but there is some truely sh!tty stuff coming out of there.

toxic_d

PS this is one of the ones I am working with http://www.pactecenclosures.com/Plastic-En...PM-9VB_2AA.html

The first picture you linked is a mock up though. Craigs post I believe shows actual photos. Hence the sudden excitement :)

Back