The Communication Cube

Gamers on the front line
They use raspberry pis too
And produce the same number of drones per day as the US did b-24s in ww2 (100)

That's some of the most backwards news I've heard.
Methane (including LNG) is a strong greenhouse gas. Nuclear power generates dangerous waste (and needs finite fuel).
Yet the Russians pretend to build nuclear powered LNG merchant submarines to sail under the arctic ice (while there's still any) and supply Asia.
Even if the submarines are so big that they can't go under ice in the most shallow passages and still need icebreakers helping.
I guess those same submarines would come in handy for smuggling LNG under less friendly seas...
How crazy is all that ?
(Btw: this sentence is ill composed, isn't it ? "gas carriers will be equipped with three Rhythm-200 nuclear reactors, which will be powered by three propeller electric motors with a power of 30 MW each" )

1729286141326.png

The linux project seems to be removing Russian mantainers or something. I feared something similar would come to pass, but I don't know hot to feel about it. Might be related to sanctions, but then contributions are gratis, of course often with commercial interests...
I'm not sure if future contributions from Russia risk being rejected, or it's just the mantainership (the decision of what contributions to accept). If the former, then Russians get to use contributions from other places, but non-Russians don't get to use Russian contributions, not sure it's any effective sanction. If the later, it might be seen as an attempt to prevent backdoors going unchecked, but then maybe it would be better to add mantainers, and ensure every area had "bipartisan" peer review.
I don't see an end to the fragmentation that can ensue in free software, with many countries having valid reproaches against many others, and then political splits, and...

The linux project seems to be removing Russian mantainers or something. I feared something similar would come to pass, but I don't know hot to feel about it. Might be related to sanctions, but then contributions are gratis, of course often with commercial interests...
I'm not sure if future contributions from Russia risk being rejected, or it's just the mantainership (the decision of what contributions to accept). If the former, then Russians get to use contributions from other places, but non-Russians don't get to use Russian contributions, not sure it's any effective sanction. If the later, it might be seen as an attempt to prevent backdoors going unchecked, but then maybe it would be better to add mantainers, and ensure every area had "bipartisan" peer review.
I don't see an end to the fragmentation that can ensue in free software, with many countries having valid reproaches against many others, and then political splits, and...
What?? Russia still has access to the internet??!!#!?%

What?? Russia still has access to the internet??!!#!?%
Well, I'm not sure. Ask a Russian. According to some western news most of Russians have limited access to the internet and the routers they use prevent them from accessing some services and contents from the west.
Other Russians, considered cybercriminals by western authorities. seem to have access to all of internet, including some routers western citizens use, some databases with their data, industrial secrets, IOT, industrial or surveilance systems in the west, etc.

If that's true, some Russians have too little access to the internet, and some have too much. Misapplying Bolzano's theorem, some Russians may have normal internet access and collaborate in free software.

Who knows?

Back