The Communication Cube

US started retaliatory strikes in Iraq and Syria.
The United States carried out retaliatory airstrikes on Friday in Iraq and Syria against more than 85 targets linked to Iran's Revolutionary Guard (IRGC) and the militias it backs, the U.S. military said, after a deadly attack in Jordan that killed three U.S. troops and injured some 40 others.
The strikes are believed to be just the first in a multi-tiered response by President Joe Biden's administration to the attack last weekend carried out by Iran-backed militants.
Source: https://www.reuters.com/world/us-starts-retaliatory-strikes-iraq-syria-officials-2024-02-02/

So how did you folks get addicted to Miku? And no you can't blame me. :p

That agenda is packed.
I wonder if visitors will be blocked by angry farmers.
In the intro speech the organizer seemed more worried about overcrowding than lack of people.
But I have no idea what's the situation this weekend in Brussels.

In the intro speech the organizer seemed more worried about overcrowding than lack of people.
But I have no idea what's the situation this weekend in Brussels.
I think it's still hosted in the same venue as when I visited a few years back. It has many rooms but not so much large halls.
So if everyone crams into a single hall it will be too crowded, but the rest of the day will be fine as everyone fragments of into classroom sized rooms.

I think it's still hosted in the same venue as when I visited a few years back.
Definitively.ULB, near Bois de la Chambre (if that was the name?)
It has many rooms but not so much large halls.
So if everyone crams into a single hall it will be too crowded, but the rest of the day will be fine as everyone fragments of into classroom sized rooms.
The place is the same, using maybe some building more than years ago, but the number of visitors grows quite much.
They insist now "don't enter rooms with the Room Full sign", don't block passageways and emergency exits, etc. Which is only sane, of course. But I don't remember it was so stressed back in those days.
I've briefly looked for statistics on FOSDEM growth, but I haven't found anythign right now... I mean no registration, etc. not so easy to count...

Not interested in the slightest.

Don't worry I won't let on that you're a bigger fan than I am. Also here's that image that you wanted me to find for you.

2tutxrJE.jpeg

Just watched the new Godzilla movie and each time the old music played I was waiting for this hip hop beat to drop

In other news, it's not just the music featuring Miku that people create that I enjoy it's also the artwork that they create too.

yWAqbCAg.jpeg
HHdfR1rG.png

Now back to the funnies.

Peony and I have been learning about the moon.

We've learned about the whaling industry:

the Moon Kingdom:

and we've even learned a few life lessons along the way:

Looks like Elon Musk will provide legal aid for a lawsuit against Disney under de concept of supporting 'free space on Twitter'. First lawsuit appears related to Disney (and related subsidiaries) employees getting fired due to tweets.

Claimed to be Disney's internal policy:
disney.jpg

Last edited:
I've stumbled across a picture of the bloke that I bought Peony from. Also in picture, giant hamster which I didn't buy due to lack of interest.

Iy1mXk4O.jpg

Back