The Communication Cube

but you still get older during that.

sfrsf2lppld91.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: rSl
Just wondering, given any two positive numbers in existence, what is their average ratio? I made a program that randomly generates ratios, and after using it a while, I think the answer is 7, but I have no idea why the answer is 7. Math sux.

Depends. Assuming you don't allow for zero, it would be 1.0, since for every x/y there's y/x (except for x/x, but that's 1.0, so...). [<- brain shart]
Or you mean the average x/y with x >= y? Here's a lua script, that sums them up and prints the average for x up to 1, 2, 3 ...
Code:
#!/usr/bin/lua

if #arg > 0 then
    nolimit = false
    upto = tonumber(arg[1])
else
    nolimit = true
end

sum = 0.0
num = 1
cnt = 0
lst = 0.0

while nolimit or num <= upto do
    for i = 1, num do
        sum = sum + ( num / i )
        cnt = cnt + 1
    end
    toprint = sum / cnt
    print("up to " .. num .. ": " .. toprint .. ", diff to predecessor: " .. ( toprint - lst ) )
    lst = toprint
    num = num + 1
end

With x becoming greater it will lose it's value though, since I didn't account the fact that x/1 will become greater and greater, while x/(x-1) will need more and more precision, and all the ratios are just added to one number variable.

When you call the script with a number as argument, it will go as long as x <= arg, else it will just go on(, until you kill the process or something or presumably until sum grows beyond the domain of the internally used floating point number type).

Last edited:
Just wondering, given any two positive numbers in existence, what is their average ratio? I made a program that randomly generates ratios, and after using it a while, I think the answer is 7, but I have no idea why the answer is 7. Math sux.
Let's peer review your method. Don't post the code, just your method. Then we evaluate, say, a perfect random number generator (just download a big list of numbers)

If I understand the question I think it's just infinite. I may be wrong, it's long since I did exercises like that.
I don't know what use a program would be. You are going to leave out most numbers, the biggest. And you may not notice because that average grows quite slowly, like half the harmonic series, which is slightly over ln.
That's if you mean just the average of all divisions of positive integers. If you mean the average of all rationals (without repeating the fractions that give the same quotient) that's another kettle of fish. One that has people resonating with the celestial espheres...
Why can't one upload pdfs ? or latex files ?
rationals.png

Yes, I think it's anywhere from just above 0 to infinity, so the average is 1/2*inifinity, if that makes any kind of sense. I think the only way you could get an average of 7 out of it would be if you were limiting your random numbers to something like 100.

After I realised how off my first thought was, I corrected my script and let it run for a bit. Up to 200k it didn't reach 6.4. So I guess, JDTAY's 7 rather came from playing around with 32-bit integers, at least.

I don't understand that graph, if your first random number is less than 10 and your second is close to a million, the ratio would be 100 thousand and up, but your Y axis only goes up to 10.

I just got a Comment under my last Video from someone who said he is from a local gouverment media bureau (Landes Medien Anstalt) because I used Roms in this Video which where „illegal“ I should make another video where I excuse this criminal to avoid some consequences ..

I doubt it’s a official gouverment guy as the Chanel was made a few days ago, and they wouldnd work on Sunnday, so I just reported it as fake , but I was a bit scared when I red it as I don’t know completely fake ..

So I would go away from Pyra Content whit Roms for now, at least not that much Roms anymore

If there is a new Emulator, I will show them, but maybe it’s now a bit dangerous in Germany to post content whit Roms..

Someone on the German Nintendo Board said it was Fake, as the „Landesmedienanstallt“ ditnt investigate Copyright Stuff ..

I think I should use a custom YouTube Rom Folder the next time, and shouldn’t show the whole Romfolder expecally when it was called „GBA Rompack 128 „

Yes, I'm not sure what that named agency actually does, but copyright control is not a concern of the police, it's enriely a civil offense. It's not a bad idea to make it less clear your using rompacks on youtube, and I'don't know how the cibil court works in Germany, but I'd still expect nothing to happen before you get served with a writ.

Well, the agency would make all of the Media Stuff, so if you harrass someone in the Internet or something else, or care about who is allowed to have a TV/Radio Broadcast Licence..
Some big Twitch Streamers got some trouble whit them because they was told to got a Broadcast Licence for the Twitch Chanell,

They dont have anything to to whit "Copyright", so its fake, who wouldnd care about the Rompacks of a Tiny Youtuber on a Niche Handheld?

Besides even downloading a rompack might not even be an offense. I don't know about German law, but in French law the only copyright offenses you could be charged with are:
- Sharing copyrighted media without permission
- Circumventing DRM (or telling people how to do it)
Making a copy of DRM-less copyrighted data (even if you don't own it) for private usage is technically legal and even a right.

You might still get sued and there's a chance that the judge will interpret the law in a way that leads to a guilty verdict, but theoretically you shouldn't. However, in the case of a Youtube videos some people might argue that you're encouraging the sharing of copyrighted material, which is an offense.

Back