The Communication Cube

I just found this. Think I'll get that with my next order, and build a small box myself.
Nice. It's a little weird that those game buttons appear to be more or less completely flat; normal traditional game buttons have either a convex or concave top (I think US manufacturers mainly use the former, and JP makers use the latter). And I can't see whether that joystick is 4-way or 8-way, or even (god forbid) anaglogue. I can't even see the microswitches in that shot.

Imagine this is the future, and your blood/DNA, reticular/eye information and this other person is able to fake these too (planted synthetic blood through crispr process). Can't say your innocent now, when another impersonates you.
Unfortunately, the tendency now is to join all the databases. Once that happens, hackers could have really everything that is to know about you.

Imagine this is the future, and your blood/DNA, reticular/eye information and this other person is able to fake these too (planted synthetic blood through crispr process). Can't say your innocent now, when another impersonates you.
Unfortunately, the tendency now is to join all the databases. Once that happens, hackers could have really everything that is to know about you.
You mean now people have to buy the data from different suppliers, which at least is more inconvenient for them, right ?

You mean now people have to buy the data from different suppliers, which at least is more inconvenient for them, right ?
Not really; it tends to get sold through data brokers - yeah, ok, that’s plural but a *lot* of purchasers will just go to one. Sure others will go to several for different datasets to de-anonymise disaggregated/pseudonymised data but still, there will be a lot of buyers willing to go to just one broker.

Last edited:
Peony's shower thoughts: Masturbation is a homosexual act because it involves giving pleasure to/receiving pleasure from someone who is the same gender as you.

It's much harder to change you blood type than your DNA, although if you change enough of your DNA your blood group will change sympathetically, and probably be a tremendous strain on your body, which may well kill you. If you can figure out a way to change most of your DNA without affecting your blood type then it might be possible to change enough DNA for the sections that are typically matched by police investigators to match. But the blood groups still wouldn't match, so if police relied on more old fashioned techniques and actually checked blood types they wouldn't match.

It's much harder to change you blood type than your DNA, although if you change enough of your DNA your blood group will change sympathetically, and probably be a tremendous strain on your body, which may well kill you. If you can figure out a way to change most of your DNA without affecting your blood type then it might be possible to change enough DNA for the sections that are typically matched by police investigators to match. But the blood groups still wouldn't match, so if police relied on more old fashioned techniques and actually checked blood types they wouldn't match.
But the entropy of DNA is lots higher than blood group. There're only a handful of blood groups. The person who wants to impersonate someone else, just has to find a victim with the same blood group. Not that hard.

But the entropy of DNA is lots higher than blood group. There're only a handful of blood groups. The person who wants to impersonate someone else, just has to find a victim with the same blood group. Not that hard.
But the blood also has DNA. And if we still get DNA from dino's and mammoths (and secret labs trying to revive them)... you can also get something useful from blood that's a few hours old.

If you have missed the slashdot, here's a gizmodo:

We're just lucky that the tory party isn't semi-competent/efficient like the NSDAP was, otherwise we'd be in much worse trouble.
The efficiency and competency/efficiency of the nazis is a myth. The nazi party was all about the leader. Everyone else had to compete with each other to be in the leader's good grace so that they could get their ideas approved. It was a highly corrupt bureaucratic mess, important decisions couldn't be taken because you had to wait for the leader to take them and anything could change from one day to another because he just decided it.

It was a highly corrupt bureaucratic mess

Sounds just like the tory party.

Last edited:
Check out slashdot submission 14846055 - and the link provided at the end of the post

4493h3f7srv71.png

cartoonguy.jpg

Back