The Communication Cube

i found this terminal file/directory utility and thought it looked very nice, and has intuitive vim-like controls:

just needed to install libreadline-dev and then make worked. run with `nnn -e` to allow it to edit files using your favorite CLI editor. not sure if i'll use it more than a regular terminal, but not having to "cd X; ls; cd Y; ls" all the time is kinda nice. most of the time i know where i'm going, though...

Sandi said about a week ago that near death experiences are planned events. People get told they're not supposed to be there yet, but that doesn't mean that they were unexpected, just that they've strayed from the life's path they chose to be on. NDEs are used as course correction. Sandi did mention previously that one of her NDEs came when she had really gotten into Mormonism, and they told her she wasn't supposed to be into Christianity.

I guess that means my life is going perfectly, since I haven't had an NDE. It doesn't ever really feel like it though.

I finaly had the time yesterday evening to update my Apple Music Playlist whit Itunes on my good Old Lenovo Thinkpad,
just a few intelligent playlist where it should play the Music from a Year, , you cant make this on an Iphone, only on Itunes...

Worked good, only its took a looooong time until my Laptop was loading Windows 10 and Itunes that ready that you can work whit this..
So i bootet up, and then took a shower, and then it was ready..

Its a bit sad there is no Itunes for Pyra, but i think i dont need Itunes that often, maybe once in a new Yeahr, allthough i took the oportunity to make a few more Year Playlist until 2025 .., maybe until then whe have a X86 CPU Board for Windows Tasks..
Or i bought a new big Notebook allthough my Plan is to use my Pyra as a Notebook..

What is it out of itunes you want from a music library program? There are probably still dozens of decentish music library programs for linux, though the one thing they can't offer is a way to buy tunes. But in terms of sorting and selecting and playing back, I'm sure they're capable.

Reactions: rSl
The Problem is that Itunes syncs whit Apple Music, as i had some Ipods in my past, i had my Mp3s on Itunes and i got me a Iphone because i thought its also works good as Ipod and Phone
And i have a Apple Music Supscription so i dont have to dump my Mp3 anymore..

so im a bit deep in the Apple Ecosystem, too deep to use a different Musik Libery..

• Sad
so im a bit deep in the Apple Ecosystem, too deep to use a different Musik Libery..

Steve-Jobs1.jpg

Well, Apple Music wasn’t bad because it’s contains my MP3, but I can also stream a lot of other music, so I have the chance to find new stuff:
Thanks to Streaming, I found the volk Rock Band Versengold (this is an old german therm for „get lost „ )
And I bought lot CD from them ..

I don’t have that much Apple stuff in use, only IPhone XR, AirPods and an Watch but no Computer..

So the Pyra is meant to be the opposite to be much less worse..

I played quite some Mario Land 2 DX today on the Pyra, and it’s Batterie trooped to 25 % again,

Then I took the Battery out and back in, and it went back to 75 %
Seems like there is not enough padding ^^
At least it’s not a electric issue

my state actually managed to hit drought conditions in the middle of April.
The frostweek in europe destroyed part of our crops for the year. It will be a meager harvest for some crops that do not like frost.
It hasnt been good on the other years either:

What a great time to be a customer of vodafone. Since 2021-04-23 10:00 the cable modem is blinking red, the only thing changing is the frequency.
Their current time estimate for going back to normal is 2021-04-27 20:00.
(Btw, it's not a problem just at mine, it's an area thing.)

It's great for programming. Especially, if you don't know the things you have to handle that well and are far from being fluent in the language you're using.

Wow, I didn't know that complaining here would have that much of an effect. The interwebs just came back on. Hope, it holds/not just the technician doing some intermediate tesing.
Post automatically merged:

T'was only only 78.5h. Shitty alignment though, it captured the working hours of 4 days.

It's great for programming. Especially, if you don't know the things you have to handle that well and are far from being fluent in the language you're using.
What language are you using?

In the past, when I did 24/7 support, I had at least 2 ways of giving support (a bit paranoid, but the software was the eyes of the company: System Monitoring Software):
Home Internet, Dongle internet (a usb stick with a sim card in it - from Vodaphone) and going to the office (I could park just outside the gate and have Internet from the outside, inside the warm car; or get inside for a free coffee while working on it).
Between these (and using screen to re-connect to sessions) I could manage it all. Go home early, and work from the park while eating dinner. Work while on the train (yeah, trains now have internet, and reliability is ok-ish, but speed was not).

Hmm... I'm still having all these 3 options. Tethering with sim card (never tried it), normal home internet and going to the office (but need to enter the lobby now because the building is shielded). And wifi from neighbors that share it (to people from the same provider).

Last edited:
It came back on at the third try before 5 o'clock. And it seems to stay.
What language are you using?
C++. Had used it extensively during one course at the university, but never since. Back then C++03 was what I used. Things have changed, plus I've only used managed code in the meantime. So I'll need some time to get used to C++, again.

Back