The Communication Cube

I noticed the phrase "as completely as possible" in your embed. I think the TempleOS guy's problem was that he literally just submitted his stuff into every state's public domain without a license, and it pissed some of them off. Some states just don't allow you to enter stuff directly into the public domain, like I said. I mean, it may be different in your country.

The reason I'm now using the Unlicense is because Creative Commons is one of the organisations listed in the anti-rms letter, so I'd rather not use a CC license if at all possible.
Unlicense, as I understand it, is something else. Unlicense gets your work in the public domain while CC0 keeps copyright but with the least restrictions possible.Supposedly some countries have weird public domain rules hence why CC0 can be necessary. At least that is what I understood from my limited reading about it.

Anyway, what anti-RMS letter are you referring to? What did CC do specifically?

A thought:

So far as I can tell, part of the Great Stallman Debate is that he is accused of being unfit to run a large organisation on the grounds of his socio-political attitudes. One counterargument is that free software can and should be coolly focused on technical merit, not race, gender, etc.

Now granted, I haven't actually read any of the material RMS wrote which may-or-may-not make him a Bad Person, but is it not a little ironic to boycott Creative Commons licences on the grounds of the organisation's political posturing?

is it not a little ironic to boycott Creative Commons licences on the grounds of the organisation's political posturing?
To be fair, if Null doesn't play as dirty as the other side, he'll lose. What sucks is, if he does play as dirty as the other side, he also loses whatever moral high ground he had.

It's kinda like being Batman, if things didn't always magically work out for Batman.

Anyway, what anti-RMS letter are you referring to? What did CC do specifically?

Code:
https://rms-open-letter.github.io/

but is it not a little ironic to boycott Creative Commons licences on the grounds of the organisation's political posturing?

It's not about politics (for me anyway), it's about resisting an attempted takeover of the free software movement by corporations.

he also loses whatever moral high ground he had.

I don't pretend to be moral or have a sense of ethics, that's the difference between me and other people.

One thing that surprised me about the anti-rms letter was the lack of Canonical's name in the organisation section.

I guess that's the sad state of affairs with anything that becomes too "popular", or if there's more than so much money invested in it. It then boils down to keeping shareholders and/or investors happy.

Now I realise why I've always wanted to support the underdog...

Could be my Xbox One X now continue to run, I had a corrupted update or something like that, this was around the time I got my Pyra, I made an attempt to fix this but after it wasn’t successful after some hours I just unplugged the thing and let it go..

As I have tomorrow a free day, I just made the same fix again today, and now it’s installing some games and apps, which should hopefully work ^^

And I’m now back to carry a Swiss Army Knife instead of the Leatherman,
But a Wenger Style whit a lockable Blade

I dont know if my XBOX is now OK again, but at least it plays Blueray Disks, and Streaming (Netflix, Amazon, Disney + and Youtube), so even if gaming is at the moment not the best on this thing, and its refuse some times to download stuff, and asks somethimes for "Delet your Local Saves", its still good for Star Trek on Big TV ^^

Today i made a new attempt to listen to all my Downloaded Apple Music Stuff on the Iphone, i wonder how long i can keep this, :
Records in Alpabetic Order, Titels in Numeric Order (Title 1, Title 2...),
Im now at Depeche Mode , A Broken Frame..

Also, a website lets you check if your personal information was exposed in the leak alongside that of the Facebook CEO.
Interesting use of 'exposed' in that byline, given the context. I can see no information in the report that any data that haveIbeenpwned holds has been released, so I think that 'exposed' would better be phrased as 'promoted'.

Ok Netflix on the Pyra dosnt seems to work, it’s says my Firefox is too old..
Chromium should have a decryption plugin but I don’t know where to get..
But at least I dit try it out..
Next time I might try to play some Internet Radio..
but because of copyright issues, I can’t make a video from this ..

Wanted to keep this bit of speculation out of the Caring Corner, but I'm wondering if maybe the people who don't like me poisoned my food while I was gone for three days on vacation. I don't really put anything beyond them.

Not really, most appimages will be for the 64-bit x86 instruction set. We could use if for packaging up our releases, but since it packages up all of the libs and stuff it needs to work, it's a bit more like our old PND system than out new fancy DBP system.

I am going to use GuixSD! The reason is mostly because I am getting a new laptop anyway (still Intel, but with IME disabled) but it also coincides pretty closely with RMS's return to glory so let's pretend that is the reason also. After all, GuixSD is as GNU as GNU/Linux can be! Alas, I will not use the Hurd kernel. But I am going to install a bunch of important GNU software such as GNU Hello and of course the one and only true standard text editor, GNU ed. But I will leave out unimportant packages such as X11 and Wayland. Who needs those? They are bloated. Emacs runs without it too

Ah, GNU/Linux! What an experience! The only thing that can top it is GNU/Hurd!

• Love
Reactions: rSl
Back