The Communication Cube

I liked the deep analysis about manhood and emotional detachment enforced by the Jedi. I thought the rebels were bad by bankrupting a whole empire and killing all the people on the death star... but the Jedi are worse!

And watching this explained what I could not explain, but was feeling while watching the occasional chapter of Nerdfest...

I liked the deep analysis about manhood and emotional detachment enforced by the Jedi. I thought the rebels were bad by bankrupting a whole empire and killing all the people on the death star... but the Jedi are worse!

When I watched Rogue One, that's one of the things I most appreciated about it. It's basically a 1960s era war film like the Dirty Dozen or Where Eagles Dare, but in space. It's always been at the back of my mind watching the original three films that the rebels beating the empire was liable to be just one battle in an ongoing civil war. Rogue One made it explicit that when push came to shove, a secret platoon parachuted into danger can exhibit some majorly un-british approaches to things at times, and only emphasises just how more evil the baddies must really be.

The second video lost me, when it kept going on about three 'prequel films'. Surely shome mishtake? These are not the prequels you are looking for etc.

An interesting set of observations, but with an entirely incorrect conclusion, in my view.

Highly repetitive music & lyrics are something of a lowest-common-denominator. Corporate song-writing aims for the greatest appeal to the greatest number of people, to maximise sales. The problem is that it also creates boring music, because no specific quirk or detailed theme would appeal to the masses.

Although I would never argue that there is a one-dimensional good/bad scale in art, I do think that art worth consuming contains original and unexpected elements, and continues to be interesting when experienced many times. Homogenous, unchallenging content leads to cultural and personal stagnation.

A world where everyone is deeply engaged in a different niche subgenre is a better world than one where everyone is listening to the same permutations of half-a-dozen words.

I'm not convinced there's no quirk in commercial music. Just there tends to be a lack of unique quirks; take the example of the overdriven autotune in Cher's 'Believe (in life after love)' which spurned a raft of imitators directly afterwards.

Also, I'm not sure lyric variation is necessarily a good indicator of anything more than genre. Disco classics like Chic's Good Times* and plenty of jazz tunes or dance tunes have very few unique lines, but turgid country songs would likely score quite highly on this metric.

* I've just looks up the lyrics of good times. It has more lines than I've ever noticed being sung!

funny-boy-like-PC-gaming-love.png

I've just finished cobbling together a new ultra-minimalist home screen for my mobile phone. You view the status bar (time + battery life remaining etc) by swiping down, you access the app drawer by swiping to the right and you access the shortcut icons by tapping on the dot located at the bottom left of the screen.

Shortcut icons:

Edit: App drawer:

Last edited:
Something I've been trying out recently is pairing train cab ride videos with various electronic/dance music tracks. You just mute the train video's audio track and then start both the video and the music.

Example:

Video:

Music:

Last edited:
I used to like to freak out people at another website by telling them how much stroganoff I would make and eat. And now I'll do it to you guys. Here goes:

1 pound egg noodles
2 pounds ground beef
1 pound sour cream
2 cans cream of mushroom

All gone within an hour. If I suddenly stop posting, you know what happened.

Edit: This post is slightly insensitive to some people, isn't it? I mean, hopefully noone who's starving read this. :(

Last edited:
All gone within an hour
I've put your post through Watson, and it has determined you have a tapeworm. Fortunate the cure is easy, all you need is 5 eggs and 4 (elongated) cookies. Boil the eggs until they are hardboiled, remove the eggshell, and insert the egg while in a squatting position. 3 minutes later, insert the cookie. Do this for 4 days. On the fifth day, only insert the remaining egg and wait while squatting. When the tapeworm comes out complaining where it's cookie is, grab it and pull it out.

Happy Easter, everyone! Will probably go out to a Chinese buffet with my dad and sister today, because my stepmother is out of town, and the rest of us don't know how to carve ham.

It's probably what Jesus is doing too, considering Hebrews don't eat ham.

I'm not religious at all, but I did challenge myself not to eat chocolate, cakes or biscuits during lent. At first I thought it would be easy, but struggled the last couple of weeks. The chocolate today tastes divine though :)
[doublepost=1555855709,1555855577][/doublepost]Re Jesus, I always think of Month Python "Surprise!". "I'm not dead!"

I'm probably going to hell...

Back