The Communication Cube

Yep, just checked Wikipedia as wasn't sure just how old, but 48 now

YT app on my Android TV should have ability to view comments ... It's annoying having to grab the phone just to read/post comments.
Sort it out Google, do something like Twitch where can load comments on the side panel or something

Dear diary, today I played Homm3-Complete again (in Linux, HD) after a long time and suddenly found it to be extremely boring and way too time consuming.
What happened to me?

ce4.jpg

You probably got spoiled by the hundreds of Diablo clones.
I still don't get it. Do you mean that Diablo clones, which tend to be (although repetitive) action oriented, have spoiled the love for slow turn-based strategy?
Can't be true since I still love Fallout 1+2.

Last edited:
there's no point in generalizing too much. almost every American is different... i'd like to think of myself as friendly towards "outsiders", don't care too much about owning guns, and don't think we should cut taxes when we have as much debt as we do. i've spent some time overseas, and can appreciate other ways of doing things. but i'm probably in the minority, as i'm sitting in the middle of a solid red state :)

Aside from the american living here in the Netherlands, so culturally already mixed. And people that come on hollidays here (already openminded). I've met some _real_ americans when they did this Windows XP upgrade. They flew in a team to upgrade the desktops. And they are super friendly, cheerful, overarchievers (more like workaholics). Fun to talk to. Bit overweight (not all of them, but hey, IT people...). And I was positively surprised that an american with native american blood was proud to have it (do not remember the tribe, sorry) running through his veins. They ate less dairy products *(which I ate...) than the average dutch and ate actually lots of fruit and such... so healthy people. All my prejudges (build up from movies) went poof.

And these people do not fall into either one of the two categories. Maybe the first if you want to force a category. But not the shiny-bling-freedom-exporting kind... just the human kind, if that makes sense.

^ Seems rather contrived to me. Some of the patterns don't really have any link to the character they're supposed to represent, and would be very hard to remember.
You might as well be spotting faces in clouds or representations of classical mythology in the stars. A similar illusion is achieved by those books that try to explain Chinese script as if it were purely pictographic.
If I recall correctly, the morse letters were chosen to minimise time and effort, as the most common characters are the simplest - and the numbers follow an obvious pattern.

IIUC the basic shapes in Chinese script have been mostly pictographic originally, but that was more than 3.000 years ago and a lot of the shapes are no longer recognizable. Also these shapes are not always used for meaning but quite often for pronounciation (which has also changed in the intervening millenia), too. (e.g. 餅 is something to eat - 食 - that is pronounced like 并). http://chineseetymology.org/CharacterEtymology.aspx?submitButton1=Etymology&characterInput=犬 is a nice resource showing the progression from characters incised on bones 3.000 years ago for divinig purposes (normal books did exist, e.g. Confucianistic writings, but did not survive a major book burning during the reign of the first emperor) to the Shuowenjiezi (a 2.000 years old ethymological dictionary) to modern Characters.

^ Seems rather contrived to me. Some of the patterns don't really have any link to the character they're supposed to represent, and would be very hard to remember.
You might as well be spotting faces in clouds or representations of classical mythology in the stars. A similar illusion is achieved by those books that try to explain Chinese script as if it were purely pictographic.
If I recall correctly, the morse letters were chosen to minimise time and effort, as the most common characters are the simplest - and the numbers follow an obvious pattern.

-- .- -.-- -... . - .... .. ... .. ... -- --- .-. . - --- -.-- --- ..- .-. - .- ... - . ..--..

https://barrettotte.itch.io/master-telegrapher

Edit:

https://jonreid.itch.io/relay

Edit 2:

Back