The Communication Cube

It's not got anything to do with having a lack of chips. In fact it's running the JRE on chips that had caused this.

Today's news is that even the mars helicopter (ingenuity) is running log4j but it's attack surface is limited being so far away.

But this thread is basically the dumping ground for everything you want to post that doesn't fit elsewhere. Fits according to me at least.

doesn't open.... making code fast is one of life's finest pleasures.
Try the direct link then, add the httpdoubledotslashslash
invidious.snopyta.org/watch?v=r-TLSBdHe1A

I promise it's worth your time if you are not into modern compilation...

dude. my whole team spent all day patching that log4j injection exploit. it was a real threat for us.

the teamcity fiasco earlier this year got me thinking about the possibility of losing trust in open source software. and microsoft hoovering things up. my imagination runs wild with sickness.
Post automatically merged:

JRE on chips that had caused this
I am a ring bearer:
IMG_20210529_120345.jpg

I promise it's worth your time if you are not into modern compilation
works on chrome. will watch.

Last edited:
got me thinking about the possibility of losing trust in open source software.
Mine was the horrible node.js platform. I come from Sphere, a Game development engine with an embedded JS interpreter to add code to actions (triggers/collisions/etc) and so I love ECMA-script, despite it's shortcomings.
But when I saw the amount of libs you need to pull in to run somewhat simple programs... it's an audit nightmare.... quite buggy too (things might have improved, the project was new)
I also had fights with the Perl community. I use only vanilla perl, as no server can import stuff from the internet/CPAN ... let alone compile it (no compiler on servers). Pure-perl libs are ok. On the plus side, my code works on older unix machines.
And then... Python came, and we can pull in a lot. Maven came, and we can pull in a lot... (but with security analyzer tools before we can build a release).
And for ansible... Galaxy has a lot... some are bad quality, or not flexible enough, so you give up and roll your own (then again, maybe I like flexibility too much). And then they release a new version of Ansible, and the thing you needed is right there in the core... grr so much wasted time.

I've burned myself too with proprietary software. TurboPascal4 (student release) , when exiting the program, wrote the FAT to your floppy. So If you had swapped the software disk with your code-disk... your code was now only readable with lowlevel disk block sector readers (Thanks PCTools5!).
And a new version of MSVC actually made code NOT compile. And I never found the bug, just weird abends when running a release-mode; while debug modes ran fine (but too slow) so I suspect a race condition somewhere. The version of MSVC after that did not grok the old project. It was abandoned we could never replicate the old toolset.

the most common software update on the AppStore is "Bug fixes and performance enhancements."
That doesn't mean that there are any performance improvements.
That's the kind of line you add automatically to your release note because:
- You might have done some small fixes here and there so it's good to mention it
- You have updated your librairies/framework/SDK, and this might mean bug fixes and/or performance and/or security improvements
- AppStore will reference you better if you update your app regularly, so you want to push new versions every two weeks or so and since there's not necessarily anything new in there you claim that there are some fixes/performance enhancements, nobody will be able to assess this properly.

Im still planing to make my Mario Playtrough Projekt, allthough i doupt the Analogue Pocket will be here in the next 2 Months (tm) it would be a good motivation to play on the Pyra:
Mario Land 1 (DX), 2 (DX) 3 (normal Collorless Version, or the Guy who made DX also made Wario Land whit Collor)..., Super Mario Bros Deluxe, Mario Bros 2, 3 Mario World, Yoshis Island, and Yoshis New Island (but this is on the 2DS XL i also ditnt played that much because i got the Switch short after)..
Im a bit Unsure about the Bros and World Marios: Which Version would be better: GBA or SNES (Super Mario Allstars) ?

The Pyra can booth, and they are also Savestates on Booth Emulators, ..

I will also remade this Projekt on the Analogue Pocket, but then only whit Real Modules, so no DX this time, but also whit Savestates.., but this might be a future projekt..

Anyone know what the game is that’s displayed on the ONEXPLAYER Mini shown in Liliputing’s most recent article about it? Looks quite Tron: Legacy-like

Anyone know what’s been happening in the tech sector in California over the past week?

Back