The Communication Cube

I don't understand the current obsession with audiobooks. I like to take things at my own pace. I guess it's for people with low literacy?
Post automatically merged:

I guess it helps too that I grew up before Twitter and texting were things. Remember people using actual English on the internet? It's now confined to message boards like this one.

You know what else it reminds me of though? Newspaper headlines. Before Twitter was butchering English by giving people arbitrary limits, newspapers were. We have a built-in tendency to leave out words which can be understood from context, but this wasn't always a feature of English. Mostly, languages with richer conjugations are more prone to it. In English, it just causes lots of ambiguity.

I don't understand the current obsession with audiobooks. I like to take things at my own pace. I guess it's for people with low literacy?
Also for people who spend a lot of time driving, or doing repetitive work, or things like that. Personally though I rely on podcasts from BBC radio programmes inb the main.

I saw someone mention on reddit that the reason for suffering may be to learn to accept suffering. That just sounds like a recipe for even more suffering. I'm more inclined to think that the reason for suffering is for everyone to learn to reject it.

I mean, I've been thinking about satisfaction too. Satisfaction is when you no longer want more of something. I think suffering then must be inherently more satisfying than anything in Heaven.

With evolution there's no masterplan. Change only comes by mistake and whatever works somehow may make it to the next checkpoint. So, don't expect perfect results.

Peony: Then how do you explain me? ;)
An accumulation of copy-paste errors. I didn't say, a bunch of chimpansies hacking on typewriters couldn't produce The Dark Tower, given enough time. I'm just saying, don't wait for it.

I understood that capsaicin makes you think that you’re hot, it doesn’t actually make you hot?
Does that really matter? Your body thinks your hot and reacts accordingly. Your bodies reaction everone can see, and then everyone thinks your hot. So, effectively, you're hot.

Back