The Communication Cube

I had another weird dream. I remember answering some questions and filling out a form. I don't remember the specifics though, other than writing the word "summer". I hope I didn't just plan my own death or something like that.

I said in the COVID-19 thread that I was worried about being sick, because I have things to do in the next week or so, but I'm also concerned about my weight interfering. It's 344 pounds right now, about as high as I've seen it. Haven't worn any jeans since Wednesday, and I'm not sure if they will fit well.

Usually if I drink enough coffee, I can clear my bowel a bit, which should help, but I just ran out of caffeinated, and it's harder to do with decaf.

Having a dump is a pretty crappy way* to lose weight. I'm a big fan myself of calisthenics, and it's easy to measure improvements. I used to only really exercise my legs; walking, running, cycling, but since I tried to do pushups I can do them much easier now and have guns to match. When I started I could barely do one press up, and just keeping trying to do that every day, I've now got to the stage where I can do 60 press ups with two breaks at 25 and 45.

*Pun intended.

In case anyone was still under any illusion about the state of affairs in the UK, this is well worth a read; one of the best tied-together pieces I’ve yet come across (even if it omitted to mention the implications of the Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Bill 2021).

Last edited:
I would prefer if they got rid of all the annoying pop-up laws. Pop-ups are universally hated and almost no one cares about cookies (and those who do care can block it using technological means, which is the only reliable way anyway), yet they still made a law that in practice comes down to almost every site having to present us with annoying pop-ups about cookies. I wonder: Is that law made to annoy or condition us or is it made by a bunch of bureaucrats who are so divorced from practical reality that their ivory tower touches the firmament? I am not even joking about this one. I seriously do not know what the point of that law is.

It's been over 24 hours since I had a good dose of caffeine. Am starting to get a bit agitated. Fortunately, I have more of the stuff on the way from Amazon later today.

I wonder: Is that law made to annoy or condition us or is it made by a bunch of bureaucrats who are so divorced from practical reality that their ivory tower touches the firmament?
Politicians pushed it for self-gain. It makes no sense but cookies became politicised and the scare-mongered (m)asses voted for it.

Now with GDPR every startup needs a compliance officer. ++bar_to_entry;

Remember the cookie controversy of the dot-com era? People were horrified that websites used up their precious hard disks. Of course we don't remember the past and have the same stupid discussions repeatedly.

I have little confidence in humanity at large effectively steering computers. But that's another story.

Politicians pushed it for self-gain. It makes no sense but cookies became politicised and the scare-mongered (m)asses voted for it.
Not really. The intent was to reduce the tracking that was evidently happening because of third party cookies, and I guess the hope was that these kind of cookie popups would be unacceptable and people would find similar sites that didn't rely on tracking you via cookies. But that hasn't happened, so we're kind of stuck in the limbo with out favourite sites badgering us about cookies which I block out of habit anyway. I don't see how this directly or even indirectly benefits politicians.

Heh, my coffee arrived at 3 in the afternoon, while I was napping some more. Got some of it in my veins now though. Since my browsing history says I was out from about 2 PM to 3:30 PM, I assume I'm good to be up tonight from 2 AM to 3:30 AM.

Reactions: rSl
Back