The Communication Cube

As fun as you make it sound, it's still a sleeping disorder.

Meh, I'll cope.

The closest that I've experienced to this, is the time that I woke up in the middle of the night to find that my brain had manifested my depression in the form of my ex-gf (visual hallucination). Peony literally tore it to pieces (I'd never seen her so angry) and it's never happened since.

Seeing Peony so aggressive, that you're brain never conjured up your ex like that.

Hmm, this doesn't seem like quite enough for the Caring Corner, so I'll post it here.

My Verizon LG Revere 3 phone has been getting terrible service the past few days. I thought the phone itself might be the problem, but it seems it's more likely Verizon is phasing out their 1X network.

I guess I'm going to have to get a new phone, but they're all very expensive, even the dumbphones.

Edit: Also, my green tea mix package got delayed in transit. Also not bad enough for the Caring Corner.

This is not really evidence IMO, but maybe the guy in the video comes across authoritative enough so that his word counts as evidence to some.

Either way it's pretty cool. I've only dabbled with physical effects of tea but it would be no surprise to me if it can have mood altering effects as well.

i can enjoy a good cup of tea and attest that these 'tea-high' effects are no myth at all.
it starts with getting good leaf-tea material. teabags are not really working.

is a fine place with lots of information to start properly.

you just need tea-leafes, water, a gaiwan or kyusu, a cup, a kettle and the will to relax and treat yourself good.
tea is an awesome plant, it enriches my life a lot. especially in these dark and sad days it can fill ones mind and body with warmth and joy. :)

Last edited:
a video from yunnan/china i really like, featuring 200 year old tea-trees.

Yes, probably inspired by a relatively famous story of some scientists that came back to a house after a long conference and starting drinking beer. They didn't realise it was alcohol free and started acting up just as if they were actually drunk. From memory I think that happened in either the late 80s or thereabouts, or perhaps that's when I heard about it and it had actually happened years before.

My green tea mix arrived today. Three days is still great for free shipping. I think Amazon just delayed it on purpose yesterday because they want me to get Prime.

I didn't describe it in too much detail before, but basically I ordered 96 "sticks" that are meant to be mixed into bottles of water. That's right, it's cool tea. Just like America intended.

Reactions: rSl
Yes, probably inspired by a relatively famous story of some scientists that came back to a house after a long conference and starting drinking beer. They didn't realise it was alcohol free and started acting up just as if they were actually drunk.

Those crazy scientists whatever will they get up to next...

• Wow
Reactions: rSl
This talk remind me of a story that I've heard. According to the story someone ate a heavy meal followed by a watermelon and later that day got arrested for driving with too much alcohol in his body. Supposedly the alcohol came from the watermelon due to it being stuck in his stomach due to all the heavy-to-digest food laying beneath it. I wonder if it's true and if someone could get drunk that way. Supposedly it's possible to ferment fruit into alcohol so that would mean that the fruit ferments in our bodies. That does not seem healthy, I'd rather not have fungus in my body. Luckily I eat most of my watermelons on an empty stomach so whether this is true or not does not really affect my health.

I didn't describe it in too much detail before, but basically I ordered 96 "sticks" that are meant to be mixed into bottles of water. That's right, it's cool tea. Just like America intended.
I use something like that as well. They're kind of balls with holes in them that I put the herbs\fruit in.

This talk remind me of a story that I've heard. According to the story someone ate a heavy meal followed by a watermelon and later that day got arrested for driving with too much alcohol in his body. Supposedly the alcohol came from the watermelon due to it being stuck in his stomach due to all the heavy-to-digest food laying beneath it. I wonder if it's true and if someone could get drunk that way. Supposedly it's possible to ferment fruit into alcohol so that would mean that the fruit ferments in our bodies. That does not seem healthy, I'd rather not have fungus in my body. Luckily I eat most of my watermelons on an empty stomach so whether this is true or not does not really affect my health.
Auto-brewery syndrome is apparently a thing.
There're people who produce ethilic alcohol (ethanol) in their guts and get drunk without drinking anything. It doesn't seem hard to cure, though.
I use something like that as well. They're kind of balls with holes in them that I put the herbs\fruit in.
I don't think @JDTAY means that.

Auto-brewery syndrome is apparently a thing.
There're people who produce ethilic alcohol (ethanol) in their guts and get drunk without drinking anything. It doesn't seem hard to cure, though.
It's a yeast infection as far as I know. Presumably of the intestines, because I don't think even yeast can survive that acidic environment. So yeah, yeast infections are rather common, so some getting into your intestines doesn't sound so unlikely.

Edit: Although having that, I'm now remembering more of what some celebrity on QI said; they reckoned it was their brain that got infected. Who knows.

Back