The Cases: What's Done And What's Next?

icet said:
Ok the cases will be late.

But

Where are the new pics ??
Have they realy done somthing??
Where is the proof??
Can we still trust these chinese guys??
Hey icet, I'm not sure how long you have been hanging around, but this is normal behavior for team, and the mould factory. The team has been doing business with them for awhile, and the cases will arrive at some point. There where many prototypes over the last year, and they have produced and shipped 2 "Final Cases" for aproval so far! They just have a HUGE communication break down between countries, I think! Sit tight, and wait for a weekend update!

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
well they said thursday friday so probably monday or tuesday i will hope for an update on Wednesday Feb 3rd

I actually had a dream of holding a Pandora once. I wasn't excited to hold it either. Aside from the other weird shit that was happening in my dream, I always wondered why I wasn't flipping out after getting a Pandora in my hands.

Vitel said:
fusion_power said:
MWeston said:
The cases won't be here until Thurs/Fri at best. We've got some really bad weather here right now which is shutting down a lot of services and China didn't ship exactly when they said they would (shocking I know!).
Craig's "maybe monday" really was a "maybe" again. :(
And I really would like to know what exactly was going on since the 15. January within the Cinese Factory. Were they really ready and finished at this date like promised? Why didn't they shipped it as soon as possible? WHEN did the OP team was informed of the Shipping date/shipping issues, DID they get informed?
That are the questions I want to know. I doubt it is really a weather problem. I'm more and more sure, the Chinese Factory is the only problem here.
Who cares? The answers won't change anything.
I just wanted to understand what's going on there.

Anyway, even when the shippingi s late again, they could just send new pix via Email to MWeston or Fatih. so we all can see, that the new cases are the final ones (or not).

Fffffuck!
W_Db4w.gif

owell...Thanks for the update MWeston.

ThaDSman said:
Fffffuck!
W_Db4w.gif

owell...Thanks for the update MWeston.
WOW, THAT SAYS IT ALL!
P.S. The team should add that to the Openpandora front page!

Chris

This Chinese company is really run by a bunch of jokers aye.

Cheers MWeston, at least we have a good honest answer :)

MDave said:
MWeston said:
I have no idea what has been going on in China since the 15th. They only email me when something is wrong and only answer me on Skype when something is done or if something is wrong. It's a real treat.
nopompom.gif

The good news is that I was told these have a final finish and silk screening all according to my last review. They also promise to pump out as many cases as possible before their holiday so we can satisfy at least those who ordered first, maybe more.

...maybe, maybe, maybe... yeah I'm sick of that too

At least the silence has been broken from you (OpenPandora), to us :D

what is this "holiday" and how long is it going to last?

Paradox said:
MDave said:
MWeston said:
I have no idea what has been going on in China since the 15th. They only email me when something is wrong and only answer me on Skype when something is done or if something is wrong. It's a real treat.
nopompom.gif

The good news is that I was told these have a final finish and silk screening all according to my last review. They also promise to pump out as many cases as possible before their holiday so we can satisfy at least those who ordered first, maybe more.

...maybe, maybe, maybe... yeah I'm sick of that too

At least the silence has been broken from you (OpenPandora), to us :D

what is this "holiday" and how long is it going to last?
... havent you read all the post about this?
its chinese new year and it last two weeks(tm) on average (im talking about the bussiness rampage) due they have to go to their "old home" or birth site.

Great, so now what, Mid March, early April and then MAYBE all 4000 could be made? No offense to the team, as it's the Chinese company who's at fault, but all this waiting, the excitement of possible delivery and the let downs is really challenging the devotion here. I have gone round and round on giving up, but I keep hanging in there, but the realization that for the 4th time now it's looking like another 2 months (for me, more for those who initially preordered of course) is really starting to make me question just how long I can keep doing this. I would have been happy with a difficult to fit ribbon cable, no silk screening, and even assembled myself if necessary just to actually have it already. If the next round of cases don't meet approval, I'm not sure I could handle waiting another two months to wait another two months. Sorry. I support the project and want this so bad. But sometimes it just becomes too much and I'm seeing some of the steadfast supporters are starting to feel the same way. So here's to the cases showing up this week and some good news. Too bad the team paid that factory, or they could say they want all the cases, done right by a certain date or they walk. There's still questions about shipping too, so many things that should have been concrete by now are still swimming in maybe. That leaves yet more complications possible (at least for me and that's in regards to import tax etc. which laid off again from the job I got when I finally got hired after being laid off is a scary proposition for me).

So everyone cross their fingers, pray to whatever higher power you choose to worship, carry rabbit's feet, hang horseshoes etc. and let's see if for once SOMETHING goes our way.

Well I'm really hoping for a good amount to ship to Texas before the Chinese New Year on feb 14th! I'm gonna keep thinking that will happen until I hear otherwise. Some good news has to happen eventually, Right? I'm also hoping that the quality of MP cases is super high quality, and then we can all say the wait was worth it! ;)

Chris

jumpman said:
Well I'm really hoping for a good amount to ship to Texas before the Chinese New Year on feb 14th! I'm gonna keep thinking that will happen until I hear otherwise. Some good news has to happen eventually, Right? I'm also hoping that the quality of MP cases is super high quality, and then we can all say the wait was worth it! ;)

Chris

I just hope you are right. The tension on these boards along with most of our minds are on the brink. We need something good to happen and SOON!

jumpman said:

Chris

We are long overdue for some good news, the odds are with us now. ;)

Sphinxter said:
jumpman said:

Chris

We are long overdue for some good news, the odds are with us now. ;)
We actually need to think Feb 7th onward in regard to the holiday? If the 7th is normally a day off, then it would be a good time to head home? Or soon thereafter, especially if factories are liberal with when you leave.

I have no clue, not chinese, but travel logic states that China cannot endure a Thanksgiving eve exodus that occurs in the US in late November. Maybe I should just hit the bong again & STFU?

Peace

Link

Back