The Best Gp2x Software

sparr

I haven't seen a thread do this yet, so here goes...

Name the single best piece of GP2X software that has not already been named in this thread. Yes, that means you have to read the thread before replying. I expect to see the most popular stuff come up pretty quickly, but as more people post the list should diversify a bit.

Do not limit yourself to just games, although I expect to see plenty of those. I also want to hear about emulators, productivity apps, terminal stuff, etc.

I will start off with...

GMenu2X

C-Dogs2X is one of my favorites.
Almost working perfect.
Only the sound lags a bit for me on my F200.
Having to write down the mission code somewhere after finishing each level to continue the game later on is a bit annoying.

Gruso said:
^ You didn't even read the entire first post, did you?

Oops, I guess not, hahaha. Somehow missed the entire "I will start off with... GMenu2X", especially sad in hindsight since I did read the other posts to make sure there'd be no collision.

Well anyway, my second choice goes to gmu then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even better........Zdoom, which is my new doom favorite as it seems to run it smoother, and even looks better.....

DSR

I would like to mention the GP2X OS, without which every other software would be senseless. But I think that's not what this thread was intended for. So I go for it's replacement, although it still isn't publicly availabe (and I haven't tested it yet but judge from the comments given by other people):

Open2x

(And I hope the first public release will be out soon!)

gpSP;

because we still need a gb/gbc emulator that can play gb games with the color enhancement, and not have a menu that flickers, so the gba emulator wins in my opinion.

Thanks for all the replies! This thread served as I intended, a small seed that has grown and now I can harvest it for a list of things to install on my GP2X after going months without using it.

Back