Best Of Gp2x Homebrew Votes

Sonistar

Website
www.whitestarproductions.co.uk
Basically, after noticing how some great homebrew gp2x games are being undershadowed and sometimes completely unnoticed by some people, I have taken it upon myself to suggest a Best of Gp2x Homebrew pack (or section on the archive).

While we already have the most downloaded and top rated sections of the archive these almost all contain emulators or firmware releases, so please suggest any good homebrew games that you think should be thrust into the limelight :)

Popular choices which will be included in the poll are -

Vektar 1.0
Tilematch
Noiz2sa
Beat2x
Minigame Project
Heroes2x
SuperTux
Beats of Rage

ill update that list when i can so you dont need to read everyones suggestions, but please post what games you want so we can see whats popular and what should be included.

Tripmonkey_uk posted on Sep 4 2006 at 06:28 PM said:
Heroes2x is superb - thanx for pointing it out.
Shame that it's not been setup fully for the 2x yet, but given time & I can see it being one of the top downloads.

I've had a go making it full screen but the FPS drop through the floor.

I think it's a good game (I would, wouldn't I :)) but it's another victim of ratings rigging.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the poll should only include homebrew made for the gp2x shouldn`t it? That would disqualify Supertux, heroes2x and some others... Tilematch for example was specifically made for the gp2x just as vectar or the minigame project.

Oh the humanity!, smashgp2x, nazca runners and levelshmup should be in the poll :)

Having seen it recommended in this thread I just downloaded tilematch and as a fan of puzzle games I think it is excellent, every bit as enjoyable as Maya Mysteries which was my favourite homebrew game on the GBA.

A couple that I've not seen mentioned yet are Bubble Train and Tail Tale which are very good looking and addictive games.

And finally I would also like to add my support to Lady Killers, although if playing on the bus on the way to work you way want to turn the sound off

Back