Gmenu2x Icons, Wallpapers, And Other Custom Gp2x Stuff

jbrodack

gp2x fan
Website
jbrodack.googlepages.com
I noticed in the gshot thread some cool custom icons, gmenu2x backgrounds, and even some backgrounds for some emulators. I think some of the emu backgrounds were shared separately. I thought it would be nice to have a current thread with all the best custom gp2x content. And after we get enough stuff I could compile it all together and have it posted in the archive. I know there are some custom icon packs in the archive but most of them aren't too focused and are a bit out of date.

So what I'm thinking should be posted here:

gmenu2x icons for emulators. most have their own icons but its nice to have options.

gmenu2x icons for homebrew games that have no icons included in their download. I've seen some posts of this. would be nice to have as many of these as possible so no game doesn't have its own icon.

alternate gmenu2x icons for homebrew. Like I said always nice to have options.

gmenu2x wallpapers and skins. There were some full themes but I'd rather have a bunch of skins and wallpapers that let you have lots of different looks without having to stick to a theme.

emulators skins or custom backgrounds. the gpfce and picodrive custom backgrounds I saw were awesome. I want that and more.

palettes for lemonboy. again always nice to have more options. not completely happy with included palettes. they are just text files with seem to be hex values for colors so somebody should be able to figure out some good palettes.

thats about all I can think of but if you got something else go ahead and post it. I can't really contribute any art but I'll try to give suggestions and compile whats here as well as other stuff thats already been posted into the best custom graphics pack we could have.

I haven't found icons for some homebrew so this could be a good place to start:

alex the alligator (alex4)
bombs panic
general promise
friq
rise of the triad

apps:

oldplay
gp2x_vtex

ok while part of this is just me wanting some more custom stuff for myself I thought it would be good for everyone in the community too if we could have it all presented here.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the link and the great icons you made manjuu. I just took a look at the apps and games I had and looked at ones I didn't have any icon for. I had a feeling some of those I just passed over. so, sorry for missing your bombs panic icon. I had already used some of them like the fleshchasmer icons and of course the alert icon.

anyway I'm just trying to use this to organize everything in one thread. theres a fair amount scattered in other threads so wanted them all in one thread even if its links to the other threads. then I'm gonna put everything into one pack hosted elsewhere. get some feedback and then have a final pack put in the archive.

also i wanted this to be for stuff besides icons too which I don't think there are other threads of.

my nes background
background-2.png

my picodrive background
background-1.png

jbrodack said:
I finally got around to finishing this. Was hoping for a bit more response but got some good stuff in here. download here. feel free to upload to the archive

Very nice compilation of stuff you have there , thanks for sharing.

By the way , to make a contribution , this sites has a huge load of anime/game wallpapers which some of them suit greatly to gp2x menu and also as emu backgrounds You can download all you like and use irfanview"s batch progess to convert them all to 320 240 resolution with one click like I did.

http://www.animepaper.net/
http://konachan.com

-Worksafe , no hentai. Btw I"d also like to meet people who download hentai wallpapers for gp2x at work hmm

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the replies. I'm considering my pack finished unless I can find more lemonboy palettes or good emu backgrounds like the ones bboyneko posted.

Feel free to use my pack as a base to make your own custom gp2x pack.

I saw that there was a lot of smaller icon packs and some packs with tons of stuff not really relevant to gp2x so I wanted to put as much gp2x relevant stuff into one archive.

With the gmenu wallpaper I looked for more abstract or scenic stuff that looks good even with icons filling the screen. I'm not interested too much in the anime wallpapers but feel free to add them yourself.

It would be cool to see others add to this pack and eventually have tons of ways to customize the gp2x in one pack.

Hey guys. I have something to add to the list of resources. I created a few flag icons based off of an iphone-themed dock icon project I was doing for public release. I'm thinking they may be useful for language settings or something of that nature. Or maybe someone will come up with another use for them. After this I will be working on more directly game related pieces. For example right now I am working on some lightsabers. I have icons for them which I'll upload soon but I also want to incorporate them into a SW themed menu background project. The ideas are just flowing right now. Let me know what your thoughts are on all of this.
Download

Stuff I'm interested in doing....
Icons
Wallpapers/Layouts
Placeholder game character headshots (for use in RPGs)

EDIT: Should I also add the link for my stuff to the file archives?
Some more 'needed' flags are on the way to add the list to make the set complete.

Back