The Software Being Developed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was I the ONLY one who caught that "We got the bombs" was a joke? It's a reference from a Denis Leary comedy skit from over 12 years ago, in the 'Asshole Song'.

Denis Leary said:
Two words--nuclear fucking weapons, OK? Russia, Germany, Romania - they can have all the democracy they want. They can have a democracy cakewalk right through the middle of Tiananmen Square and it won't make a lick of difference, because we’ve got the bombs, OK?

Speaking of Arrogance, I'm loving all the blind (erhem, ARROGANT) and horribly ignorant anti-American sentiment in this thread. Regardless of whether you're thrilled with our president, making the country out to be a bunch of lazy idiots because you're not thrilled with who's presently in power is about as arrogant and foolish as you can GET. Regardless of how much influence American developers have in the GP2X development scene, the US' contributions to the world community do not need to be re-emphasized.

The OP no doubt posted what he did due to the fact that most systems developed these days are designed in Japan or the US, and software is developed for them predominantly by the Japanese developers or American ones and is later exported to Europe. Most development does not take place there. For the longest time a game would usually come out in Japan, then the US, then Europe. Or the US, then Japan, then Europe. Generally, if a game was in English, it didn't come from Europe. It's not 'arrogance' to take a look at the game industry in a historical sense. Hell, we've had people on these forums who thought the Gp2x was FROM Japan, further re-inforcing this.

Oh, and here's my vote. I got off my enormous pork-rind eating American ass (I weigh 120 pounds) long enough to post my vote (I also voted last year in the presidential election). I'm developing two games; one is a top-scrolling 'Danmaku' style intense arcade shooter engine from scratch, the other is a 3D first-person shooter based on the Quake 1 engine for Gp2x and the enhanced FTE Quake 1 engine for PC systems. I've also already posted a release of 2XMark, a Gp2x arithmetic and multimedia benchmarking application.

Last edited by a moderator:
*sighs deeply*

I really don't want to close another thread ...

Puck2099 posted on Apr 18 2006 at 06:31 PM said:
Well, there are a lot of Spanish coders: me, Franxis, Rlyeh, miq01, k-teto, D_Skywalk, Hermes, una-i, Chui, Oankali, Misato, Joanvr, efegea, Kounch, Jhonnystorm, l_draven...
Gracias a todos ;) It's a very impressive line-up of talent. It would probably be wrong to say that there's no competition, but it's surely not on the basis of nationality anyway - just people trying their best to produce good software. Aunque tenemos Reesy y Squidge, por supuesto :)

Puck2099 posted on Apr 18 2006 at 09:06 AM said:
Well, having the bombs is not so important, let's see Vietnam, Korea... :rolleyes:

I just noticed this. Did you just imply we lost the Korean war? Laffo.

I don't get the anti-this, anti-that crap at all... Sure, everyone thinks Americans are lazy bums...but please, keep it to yourselves. Or better yet, look up the facts and realize that we are not a different species, you are not homo europenis, and we are not homo americanassus.. Bout that with spain, yea, I'd agree...

critical posted on Apr 19 2006 at 01:03 AM said:
Gracias a todos ;) It's a very impressive line-up of talent. It would probably be wrong to say that there's no competition, but it's surely not on the basis of nationality anyway - just people trying their best to produce good software. Aunque tenemos Reesy y Squidge, por supuesto :)

Yeah, you are right, it doesn't matter our nationality, only the effort we make to help other people producing software, giving feedback, etc. :)

TelcoLou posted on Apr 18 2006 at 06:59 PM said:
*sighs deeply*

I really don't want to close another thread ...

i think in this case it's warranted.

Epicenter posted on Apr 19 2006 at 01:09 AM said:
I just noticed this. Did you just imply we lost the Korean war? Laffo.

Yes, you lost that war. If you had won it, there wouldn't be communist there... :huh:

There are no winners in war, just corpses.

And on that note, I see nothing positive growing forth from this topic, so I must do my doody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back