Tea, Earl Gray, Hot , the big tread about your morning drink

What do you want to drink?

• Total voters

Again with the milk in the tea? Is that really something that's commonly done? I guess that's how peasants drink their tea. They have to add baby food to it because the adult tea is too kingly for them.

Reactions: rSl
38117%20-%20bismuth%20edgy%20macro.jpg

Is that really something that's commonly done?
In latin america: Yes.

You forgot water in your poll.
Each morning I drink one liter water after getting up.

my wife takes milk in tea, but i'll drink it straight or (rarely) with honey. i have a super cinnamon-y tea that tastes really good with a blop of honey, if i want to soothe my throat a bit.

but real aficionados grind tea leaves with their teeth while gargling water from hot springs.

The tap water is good where I live :) . And I also do a flask of hot water with a slice of fresh ginger or a cardamom.

Small Update on my die original Pyra Mugg where the handle broke : according to my mom, at the day of the accident, the handle broke whiteout applying force from outside, the mugg was lying in the water and the handle broke off..
Maybe it got hit by something earlier. In my family we don't leave mugs in the water because the handles were getting broken off by people putting other stuff on top.

Inside the sink, I assume. Personally I wash one thing at a time except for cutlery. If I need to soak anything I wait until the sink is full enough to dip it and fill it with soapy water, then put the item aside to soak. Don't dump dirty stuff in the sink, it'll just make the water dirty and dirty any plates that go through after. Dispose of the dirty water used to soak outside of the bowl. That's the first thing really, use a sink bowl. It means you don't need quite as much water to get a decent height for washing glasses or pans and stuff, and you can get rid of dirty water without it going into where your washing dishes.

I have 1 liter of water right when I wake up as my kettle boils water for coffee. Then I drink my coffee with heavy cream. It's so thick and delicious.

Sometimes I do Greek coffee instead of American coffee, and to the horror of other Greeks, I like to add heavy cream to that, too.

My wife is Bolivian, so I also got to try coca leaf tea. It was really delicious and is a great, mild stimulant. I liked it way better than coffee, and it totally replaced coffee for me when we had it. None of the jitteriness of caffeine, just a smooth, light, clear-headed stimulation from 1g of leaf per cup.

I make my coffee in a moka pot, so it only takes the water in the bottom cavity and you heat it on the hob. I assume if you're boiling a kettle for coffee that means you're drinking that freeze dried instant muck.

I make my coffee in a moka pot, so it only takes the water in the bottom cavity and you heat it on the hob. I assume if you're boiling a kettle for coffee that means you're drinking that freeze dried instant muck.
I use a french press (or a Greek coffee pot, when called for). Definitely not that instant garbage, but possibly not as delicious as your moka-brewed coffee.

Back