Systems Not Yet Emulated

satanic virus

Website
Visit site
As the title says, list here any systems you used to have as a kid, or still have that have not yet been emulated on GP2X. Only mention those that you think should be possible. If you see a system, and want an emulator, vote for it by adding replies. You never know if one proves popular enough, someone with the skills/ talent may take it up.

Most mainstream systems up to (but not necessarily including 32-bit systems) are emulated to pretty high standards. However, there are other systems loads of us used to have with no handheld possibilities yet.

Starting off, my first computer was a SHARP MZ-700. Emulated on PC with MZxEMU 2007 (fantastic emulator which also supports spectrum roms amongst others), and almost all games available as freeware on www.sharpmz.org along with details and emulators. I know MESS on PC includes MZ-700, but it is a pain to set up and is not YET featured on MESS2X.

Therefore my first vote is for Sharp MZ-700/800/80A.

Any votes for this, or others? You never know ... !

Heh, yeah I'd like to see the Dragon/Coco systems (specifically the coco 3) emulated ;)

As for missing systems, that will one day be very minimal I think (who knows though)

sataniC Virus said:
As the title says, list here any systems you used to have as a kid, or still have that have not yet been emulated on GP2X. Only mention those that you think should be possible. If you see a system, and want an

Therefore my first vote is for Sharp MZ-700/800/80A.

Any votes for this
:) :)

Don't think this comes as a suprise, +1.
MZ emulation would be fantastic!

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope and prey for a Saturn Emu every day, but from what I've heard the hardware is way more complex than, say the PSX, and since the great zotdd and co are having trouble nailing that down.... the outlook ain't good.

Still we can dream. Nights into dreams on a :gp2x . I'd donate a month's paycheck!

spoyser said:
Vectrex, is this really so difficult to emulate?
I thought there was a Vectrex Emu?!

The main problem of course being that the Actual Vectrex had a theoretically infinite resolution, and since we are now using an LCD of 320x240 most (if not nearly all) of the charm is gone. And I don't think it supported vertical screen blah blah either, so even less pixels really.

There's an unfinished Vectrex emulator by Squidge but it only supports one game.
And Vectrex is difficult to emulate. One problem is rendering the vector graphics quickly enough, but it seems that has been solved.

3DO is as complex as the saturn so I dont see this happening, on a side note I would like to see CD-i (I dont care how gay it was) and Cybiko.

Cervante said:
3DO is as complex as the saturn so I dont see this happening, on a side note I would like to see CD-i (I dont care how gay it was) and Cybiko.
No way, Saturn is much more complex than 3DO.

Blah said:
There's an unfinished Vectrex emulator by Squidge but it only supports one game.
And Vectrex is difficult to emulate. One problem is rendering the vector graphics quickly enough, but it seems that has been solved.
I didn't think of the difficulty of rendering an acceptable vector graphics, I just assumed with so little pixels to write it didn't need much in the way of accuracy. I guess that is more rendering than calculation, maybe you meant calculation prior to rendering (??)

I am not sure, but I thought you could use a hex editor to swap in a different ROM into that emulator? I could be wrong (That could also be too difficult for most people to do.)

I tried the hex editor idea, but that doesn't work because it doesn't use a rom, this game is built into the Vectrex's firmware.

Back