Release Super Methane Brothers

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

I just finished the game while online (last level was a 'centipede' of bubble-domed robots, you have to catch & destroy the one with a 'pilot' in it until all are gone) - my score was over 2,200,000 - but when the game ended it went to credits, then displayed the high score table WITHOUT the 'finished' game's score!!

No c4a score was recorded.

Mattiiiiiii!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

I just finished the game while online (last level was a 'centipede' of bubble-domed robots, you have to catch & destroy the one with a 'pilot' in it until all are gone) - my score was over 2,200,000 - but when the game ended it went to credits, then displayed the high score table WITHOUT the 'finished' game's score!!

No c4a score was recorded.

Mattiiiiiii!!!!
OOOh, Finished the game?!!! I didn't even knew the game can be finished. I'll fix that, tomorow! But nothing I can do about your score :(

Mattiiiiiii!!!!
Um, shouldn't you be calling ptitSeb for help rather than me, though it seems he appeared anyway. (yeah okay, maybe you weren't calling me for help)
Too bad about the loss of the score though.

No idea what happens after completing the game, I've not gotten that far yet though I'll definitely give it another try in the next few days.

And while I'm posting here I should probably report that the game seems to be saving high scores to the home folder (~/.clanlib/methane/1.5/highscores) rather than to the appdata folder.

Mattiiiiiii!!!!
Um, shouldn't you be calling ptitSeb for help rather than me, though it seems he appeared anyway. (yeah okay, maybe you weren't calling me for help)

Too bad about the loss of the score though.

No idea what happens after completing the game, I've not gotten that far yet though I'll definitely give it another try in the next few days.

And while I'm posting here I should probably report that the game seems to be saving high scores to the home folder (~/.clanlib/methane/1.5/highscores) rather than to the appdata folder.
Ah :(

Ok, 2 things to fix now!

Ah :(

Ok, 2 things to fix now!
No need to hurry with this one though.
Maybe I should have waited a little while longer before reporting it since people may have other things to do this time of the year.
It's OK. I have found the issue, inside CLanLib, where they used getuid() to get the home folder. I changed to getenv("HOME").. NOw all ClanLib recompile... Hopefully, I'll package a double fixed version of SuperMethaneBros this morning (but no way I can test the "win" submit to C4A, even if I'm confident with my fix).

I was screaming at the sky and shaking my fists in anger. I thought I was about to be able to turn my attention to Puzzletube again....!

So, again, sorry Asmo...

Here is a version that should publish a score when completing the game, and also pref are stored in appdata now, not in NAND anymore (and the hiscore file is migrated also).

Build 04

-----------

• Fixed C4A Score when completing the game
  • Hiscore stored in appdata

Thanks!

I just completed the game again, it registered my score on c4a (wheee!) but just in case anyone else gets to the end and panics when they see the scoretable after the credits roll, the in-game scoretable still doesn't register a score if the game is completed.

Thanks!

I just completed the game again, it registered my score on c4a (wheee!) but just in case anyone else gets to the end and panics when they see the scoretable after the credits roll, the in-game scoretable still doesn't register a score if the game is completed.
Ah, indeed, I was focused on the c4a, and did not check that the ingame hiscore doesn't work (genuine bug this time).

Glad you made it again, so now it is tested properly ;)

Back