Status Of Psx4gp2x Work Being Done :)

zodttd said:
I was getting 15 FPS in-game on Wipeout XL with sound. But my ship launched straight up and bounced around a lot so there's some sort of bug going on with it. It rendered fine and looked great and very smooth. I've heard this game runs at only 15 FPS which makes sense since VSync was at 60 (NTSC).
so your saying its fullspeed right with a few bugs. thats awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
predatorramboxxx said:
zodttd said:
I was getting 15 FPS in-game on Wipeout XL with sound. But my ship launched straight up and bounced around a lot so there's some sort of bug going on with it. It rendered fine and looked great and very smooth. I've heard this game runs at only 15 FPS which makes sense since VSync was at 60 (NTSC).
so your saying its fullspeed right with a few bugs. thats awesome.

The other important questions what overclock of the GP2X are you using and what underclock of the psx clock are you using?

zodttd said:
If my eye remember well in the original PSX the Wipeout series runs about 30 or more in NTSC version.

If Buster Bross has gone from 43 fps without sound to 50 with sound the step is bigger that many people expected :)

Very good work guys :)

Ok, let´s try... (*me changes into shaman outfit*)

Oh, allmighty Zottd&Exophase , we summon you!! Enlighten us with your wisdom and your FPS tests!! :p

Khan said:
Ok, let´s try... (*me changes into shaman outfit*)

Oh, allmighty Zottd&Exophase , we summon you!! Enlighten us with your wisdom and your FPS tests!! :p
Broo-Ha-ha!

*lies on sunlounger with cocktail* B) you guys need to chill out. They'll hit us with what they have when they're ready. And I got a feeling it'll be sooooooo worth the wait! :)

You know, I bet when they do actually have a release they'll hold off till you lot stop begging for releases. leggymcjeggy has the right idea, just wait, it will be released when it's released.

hey, Im waiting happily, I understand these things take time, and so, Im sure, does everyone else here. I havent seen any demands for insta-release. Sure, people are anticipating this, and are excited, but that is to be expected.

Subtle hints?! Cobbledash!

[Gross and Direct] Any chance of a public release?!![/Gross and Direct] :p

Exophase has mentioned before he doesn't like people "hinting" for releases. So, no, i wont shut up, as these people are making it LESS likely that a release will be made soon. Exophase must remain happy to help Zodttd to allow maximum improvements in the shortest amount of time.

Exophase doesn't mind if people bother me, most likely. :p
I don't mind the begging/requesting. I'm just having a hard time pushing things further, but there's lots to do.

I keep bothering/teasing Exophase though, so I hope I didn't piss him off. He's been pretty quiet lately. :(

The reason I haven't made a release is...due to the thought that it doesn't make sense to release something that has little use at the moment. It's not fast enough yet, especially without fiddling with the psx clockspeed.

So what can be done is put more builds in the spookysoftsite psx4gp2x build directory like before. Nothing official, just some occasional builds during testing.

I'm working on it, but remember I do this in my freetime as of late. :)

Back