Status Of Psx4gp2x Work Being Done :)

I'm trying kevcal. :)

Btw, the Gizmondo is being worked on as well. It's tough to port it though, as even VS 2005 is giving me issues. I need to use CeGCC again and I don't like that. But it's not dead at all.

zodttd said:

Btw, the Gizmondo is being worked on as well. It's tough to port it though, as even VS 2005 is giving me issues. I need to use CeGCC again and I don't like that. But it's not dead at all.
ok thanks becuase i might buy one! So the zodiac is dead right? Its should be lol

Last edited by a moderator:
The Zodiac is still my most loved handheld. If it ran WinCE instead of Palm, I'd still be developing on it. Palm is hideous to program for.

zodttd said:
Exophase threw out the idea of rewriting a psx emulator from the ground up again from what I learned from psx4all. Not such a bad idea. If we do it, it will be open source. I think he needs motivation since he's very busy with his baby named gpSP. :)

For now though, psx4all is being tuned up. :)
Why couldnt you do open source now? Is there some license restriction that carried over from the original port?

predatorramboxxx said:
zodttd said:

ok thanks becuase i might buy one! So the zodiac is dead right? Its should be lol

There may not be much point in a giz though if you already have a GP2X and Zodiac. The Giz has a tiny screen and mono sound on the unit. The menu system is horrid as well. If you are so interested in PSX a PSP would be a much better choice than a giz due to the fact that PSX on PSP is *already* full speed with sound :)

DaveC: SNES is fullspeed with sound on the PC. Also so is PC Engine.

DaveC said:
predatorramboxxx said:
zodttd said:

There may not be much point in a giz though if you already have a GP2X and Zodiac. The Giz has a tiny screen and mono sound on the unit. The menu system is horrid as well. If you are so interested in PSX a PSP would be a much better choice than a giz due to the fact that PSX on PSP is *already* full speed with sound :)

i sold my zodiac for a gp2x I loved the zodiac but after the past year all the formns are dead and the links are dead there was only a few people who released something good and one was metaview with shadow 3d which is much better then the gp2x port and hexen 2 port which i dont think the gp2x has yet. Is there a hexen 2 for gp2x?
i have a psp unfortunately it cannot be downgraded and i heard you cant play games like gta if you downgrade.

zodttd said:
00904c2c: orr r1, r1, #9175040
00904c30: mov r0, r10, lsr #16
00904c34: ldr r1, [r1, r0, lsl #2]
00904c38: mov r0, #252
00904c3c: orr r0, r0, #65280
00904c40: and r0, r10, r0
00904c44: ldr r0, [r1, r0, lsl #0]
00904c48: teq r0, #0
00904c4c: bxne r0
00904c50: bl ff774090
00904c54: bx r0

As you may notice from the above code (besides a bug or two in the output), the dynarec is saving and restoring two registers almost constantly on and off the stack!
I hope you're not talking to me :blink:

predatorramboxxx said:
i sold my zodiac for a gp2x I loved the zodiac but after the past year all the formns are dead and the links are dead there was only a few people who released something good and one was metaview with shadow 3d which is much better then the gp2x port and hexen 2 port which i dont think the gp2x has yet. Is there a hexen 2 for gp2x?
i have a psp unfortunately it cannot be downgraded and i heard you cant play games like gta if you downgrade.
I thought with Dark Alex's FW you could play anything, homebrew and commercial.

zodttd said:
DaveC: SNES is fullspeed with sound on the PC. Also so is PC Engine.
True, so is PSX and N64. PCs aren't too easy to stick in your pocket though :p

Awesome Work Zodttd, Bigg thnX for still working on it in secret ^^

Just donated 20 dollars to you Zodttd.

I Gonna donate the same to Exophase

Bigg ThnX to Both of You

Off topic PSP banter:

Almost every PSP can be downgraded; looks like even the very altest FW3.5 has also been cracked, so soon downgradable too.

But yeah, with Dark Alex's FW (or others) you can run commercial and homebrew both. I'm still on DA 3.1 OE .. no problem.

Off topic Zodiac:

Zodiac was one of the sexiest machines, if a little wrist-crampy. (And now I have carpal tunnel, so I do care :)

On topic:

Mm, I do love seeing input/output ASM on dynarecs; always touches me right there. My first was cinematronics virtual cpu to x86 ... *nostalgia rush*

Nice one Exo/zod :)

(Oh, and fully agreed. I hate Palm OS and Pocket PC .. I'm sick of developing for 1985 platforms in 2007 :)

jeff

Jaylink! Thanks very much! Makes me very happy to see such support! :)

DaveC: Point is, I have no problems with emulation. If I do, I try to improve it, and if it works it works. It gets tedious to calm down threads when you naysay and push people away from projects. I don't go into your cap threads and tell people not to buy your stuff.

Skeezix: Doesn't Linux remind you of the 60's though? ;)

zodttd said:
Jaylink! Thanks very much! Makes me very happy to see such support! :)

DaveC: Point is, I have no problems with emulation. If I do, I try to improve it, and if it works it works. It gets tedious to calm down threads when you naysay and push people away from projects. I don't go into your cap threads and tell people not to buy your stuff.
Ok, but I wasn't nay saying or pushing anyone away from a project. I just said that the guy would be better off with a PSP rather than buying a Giz due to PSX already running fullspeed on it. That was it.

zodttd said:
Skeezix: Doesn't Linux remind you of the 60's though? ;)

Linux is great, I don't know what opinion Skeezix will have, but I wouldn't swap it for anything ( I was born in the early seventies though :lol: )

I'm a unix nerd as everyone knows (and yay for OSX being based on FreeBSD :), but everyone also knows I use every OS all the time too.. basement has a mac mini with 3 VMs running on it (in PArallels), so I can do builds for win, osx, linux all at once with one 'make'. Mini sits on top of a freebsd box, which sits on top of a sparc, which sits on top of an Omega Race. woowoo :)

jeff

Jaylink said:
^^ Does some1 has the info of Exophase his paypal account.

ThnX Already ^^
exophase@gmail.com, but I suggest holding off until we get more done ;)

Back